Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
galileo31dos01

Specific combination of monsters you like/dislike

I'm very open and like almost any combination available, my favourite would be those that provide nice infighting scenarios, any situation filled with a wide variety of enemies killing each other is something pleasant to watch. Also, nobles hordes to mow down with the rocket launcher. One for sure is an archvile and some hitscanners, it's nice to have a "friendly" enemy gifting me a pool of ammo. A boss-tier (or more than one) + ambush of others, specially when it's important to keep the biggest one busy to progress.

Those that I generally dislike are imps used as snipers while dealing with chaingunners, I practically don't like imps even though their sounds are funny, so receiving tiny fireballs in my back all the time that reduces my health is, annoying. Another combination is cyber+spectres, do I need to explain why?... 

What are yours?

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

Like: Archviles + anything except Spectres

Archies + PE's and a swarm of lost souls?

bring it on...

Just now, leodoom85 said:

Archies + PE's and a swarm of lost souls?

bring it on...

After playing some Sunder like maps (yeah, I'm talking about Dimensions from Killer5 ;P), I don't dislike "Arch-viles + hordes of Revenants" anymore because I discovered I suck at this game XD

Trap floor cybers? Not really a combo, but a scenario. Can't seem to think of any specific monster combos that wouldn't be interesting to me unless implimented poorly.

Dislikes: Manc and Revenants for inscrutable projectile hell

There's a reason you see a lot of the former in Plutonia, and almost none of the latter.

(I also hate Pain Elemental + Cacodemon ambushes, as the Cacos are designed to float in front of the Pain Elemental and block it while it spawns Lost Souls, but fair's fair and it's a smart use of both monsters.)

I love chaingunners+pinkies and i like lost souls+spider mastermind but i hate barons+cyberdemon

Um.. Cacos + anything shooting underneath them is a lot of fun. Lost souls + Cybs is a lot of fun. Roaming specters + rockets is great. Also 1 or 2 revs in a tight area with a shotgun is great.

I dunno about any combinations I dislike.. I guess combinations used very incorrectly annoys me. Sunder map08 mastermind for example..

@Killer5 Hmm, everything except your first example doesn't appeal to me, specially spectres + rockets, it's a combo I, can't...

I checked a couple videos of the Sunder map you mentioned, never saw a queen spidy there, given your examples of positive combinations, I'm intrigued to know what's that negative usage about.

Hate lost souls + anything else

Hate pain elementals + anything else

Love any combination that infights

Edited by wheresthebeef

@galileo31dos01

Haha that is funny about Sunder Map08. If you watch the videos again and you get to the bit where there are a bunch of barons on a ledge.. the room also has 2 cybs and a bunch of hks. There is a mastermind behind the barons on the ledge. Mastermind gets perma-stunned immediately and just dies. There are a lot of really great masterminds in Map07 too. You honestly never see them save for the initial reveal, and that is only if you are looking in a specific direction.

I have actually added masterminds to maps just to hear their deaths.. maybe that is what insane_gazebo was going for?

I love the basic Imps with Pinkies with Zombiemen with Sergeants.

I also enjoy having multiple mid tier monsters at once. Like Hell Knights with Cacodemons with Mancubi with Revenants with Arachnotrons (having different projectiles flying in the screen at the same time adds variety to the gameplay).

An encounter with an Archvile can also be very fun at times, no matter what other monsters are in that place. If it has enough ammo and cover, then it is ok.

I hate Pain Elementals! No matter how you use them, I hate them. Luckily, they can die with 2 SSG blasts, so I can focus them in a fight and take them out quickly.

I like fighting agains swarms of zombies, or any group of enemies that you can deal cricle strafing with a ssg.

Hate in-your-face revenants. The punch is just humiliating.

@Killer5 Oh yeah, now I noticed. Also seen map 07, your definition of great must be completely different of mine, it seems bad to me to only put random queen spiders randomly in between so many monsters that you hear the OIOIIII and 15 seconds later the explosion. Not judging the whole wad, but hope Sunder is not entirely spidy discriminatory.

Like: Chaingunner + Revenants --- it just gets the adrenaline going

Dislike: Arachnotron + Pain Elementals --- this combo kills me move often than not as I prefer to use rockets against arachnotrons and the damn lost souls from the pain elemental inevitably get in the way.

You can't have too many Chaingunners and Revenants. And don't forget that extra Arch Vile while you're at it.

barons + cybie

hell knights + cacos

hell knights + mancubi

hell knights + revenants                  

Dislike immensely:

arch-vile + chaingunners

arch-vile + revenants

Edited by Guest

Like: 

Mancubus + Arachnotron

Imp + Shotgun Guy

Cacodemon + Pain Elemental

Dislike:

Baron Of Hell + Hell Knight

I like: Arachnotron plus Hell Knight, fun and not so hard.

I dislike: Pain Elemental plus more Lost Souls, thats tedious. 

Like: Arachnotrons+Revenants+Mancubi, I feel like it's a nice game of trying to avoid projectiles and using the Revenants rockets to hit other enemies while they home on you.

Dislike: Arch-Viles+Pain Elementals, I find some frustration in avoiding a hitscan enemy like the Arch-Vile as Lost Souls are spawning quickly and blocking my way to move around a bit. Even worse in closed spaces where you wouldn't have room to move around to get some cover to hide behind.

9 hours ago, Kiyohiro said:

barons + cybie

hell knights + cacos

hell knights + mancubi

hell knights + revenants                  

Dislike immensely:

arch-vile + chaingunners

arch-vile + revenants

Forgot to add Archies + PAs as another monster combo I find to be a major pain in the ass.

Edited by Guest