Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
42PercentHealth

ZDoom 2.8.1 Compatibility Not Working

Hey guys, I've gone back to using ZDoom 2.8.1 for the sake of recording YouTube videos. I set the compatibility to "Boom (strict)", and I see that the "Actors are infinitely tall" option is set to "yes", but I can still run over/under monsters in-game. Any ideas what's up here? Is this a known bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

I was afraid someone would ask that.

Short answer: I got it to work with OBS.

Long answer: OBS doesn't seem to realize that GZDoom changes from one frame to the next, and [pr/gl]Boom don't seem to agree with OBS as to what a proper 1280x720 window looks like. Not to mention, all the saves from my LP's are in ZDoom, so that's kinda where I wanted to pick up.

My question is, why doesn't ZDoom seem to respect the compatibility flags, and is there anything I can do about it?

6 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

I was afraid someone would ask that.

Short answer: I got it to work with OBS.

Long answer: OBS doesn't seem to realize that GZDoom changes from one frame to the next, and [pr/gl]Boom don't seem to agree with OBS as to what a proper 1280x720 window looks like. Not to mention, all the saves from my LP's are in ZDoom, so that's kinda where I wanted to pick up.

My question is, why doesn't ZDoom seem to respect the compatibility flags, and is there anything I can do about it?

Try fixing your OBS settings to fit with PrBoom. Are you using moniter capture or game capture? Cant really help you on Zdoom because I dont know jack shit about  zdoom

26 minutes ago, FantasmeDel'Esprit54 said:

Try fixing your OBS settings to fit with PrBoom. Are you using moniter capture or game capture? Cant really help you on Zdoom because I dont know jack shit about  zdoom

I'd sure like to fix OBS! I've tried both window and game capture. The problem is that I tell OBS to make a 1280x720 video. The result is a video that's 1280x720, but the actual game only takes about half of the actual video space -- there's a blank, black margin at the bottom and left sides of the video. I don't know what else to do... not really savvy about video software. :-\

40 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

The flags are working. But since you were talking about savegames, loading a savegame will reset the flags to what they were when it was saved.

5 minutes ago, Graf Zahl said:

The flags are working. But since you were talking about savegames, loading a savegame will reset the flags to what they were when it was saved.

Ah, that explains it! Thank you very much!