Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spaztacus

Running Mordeth

Hey there Doomworlders.

My son has discovered Doom finally lol.  And he is looking at the lovely history of Doom Mapping.  And of course Mordeth came up in conversation lol.  I'm trying to get it to run, but I'm having trouble.  Anyone know how to get his to run now a days?  I can't find my copy of Doom.exe.  I have my doom2 wad and zdoom, choc doom.  Any info would be great.  I'm interested in replaying it now too since its been so long.  And who knows, may get a new mapper out of my son with it lol.

Hey mate,

What exactly is the problem? Seems like you got everything you need to run that WAD.

Or do you not know how to run a specific WAD like Mordeth?

More information would be great.

Mordeth hails from an era before source ports, when people had to use additional tools to make an add-on work. Unfortunately I used a tool that created an internal WAD layout that is no longer supported by most current source ports. However, you can use this alternative archive (mfb97dsf.zip) instead. Download it, unpack, and run the WADs with your (vanilla compatible) source port of choice plus doom2.wad as you would with any other WAD.

Edit: and, oops, don't forget to load the .DEH file as well.

Yeah Mordeth.  That was kind of the issue.  Also had trouble running because of my 64 bit system.  I'll give this one a try.  Thanks.

and when are you going to finish it!!!!  lol, j/k

Risen3D runs this just fine, provided you follow these instructions contained in CustomWADS.txt, that comes with Risen3D ...

Download the MORDETH FEB'97 DEUSF-Compatible version (it indicates that
this is for Macintosh users). Ignore all instructions sent with the
pwad and just place MORDETH.WAD, MDEUGRAP.WAD and MORDETH.DEH in a PWADS
udir (e.g. r3dgames\mordeth\pwads). The Launcher will do the rest.