Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMmarine918

Has your personality changed since you've started playing DOOM?

I mean I first played when I was six like 17 years ago so I'd say a bit has changed yeah

I Mean yeah, we grow and naturally change. But I feel it altered the way I did change, listening to rock music more and maybe also because it's burned in my head lol I think about it too much I'd say. How often do you think about doom?

Yes.I started listening to metal like once a month (disco will always be my shit,no matter what) and i started liking fps games more than other genres,also i fulfilled my dream of making stuff people can play :D

Amm, maybe not that much. But I blame Doom and Silent Hill for my twisted-art taste. Doom is more fun, lots and lots of fun. The game that truly change me... Silent Hill 2. Its one of my fav, but I dont play that game anymore for fun; its depressing, its sad, its sick, its art, its poetry, its pain. 

gifs-animados-silent-hill-2-0326986.gif

If your personality has not changed in the 23 years since Doom has come out that suggests some serious arrested emotional development on your part.

A better question is did I even have much of a personality to develop from at the age of 3?

Yes I was actually a much kinder person before I started playing Doom, then I met the multiplayer population and became the monster I am today.

Uh, apart from having a deep appreciation for old school FPS games Doom has no role in the changes that have transpired for my personality over the past eighteen years. Especially the last ten years.

Well for me Doom was like 20 years ago. I assume we've all changed in 20 years.

Then again I'll use this opportunity for jokez

- Doom changed me when I grew to realize that we'll all just die with the demon invasion inevitably happens. Why be friend with someone when we'll all die.

- I used to play Mario and Sonic. Now I play Doom and it makes me want to violently shoot things instead of stomping turtles with my shoes.

- When I saw DOOM my face melted off and after the reconstructive surgery people ask me how I got these scars and I yell out DOOM melted my face off!

- After a teenage punk said DOOM was just a low rent Call of Duty clone I went to prison for beating him to death with my fists just as Doom taught me.

- I took a job as a lumberjack they gave me a chainsaw... I took one look at it and shuttered, because to me a chainsaw was a weapon, not a means to cut down a tree.

- Looking back 20 years ago we were all so full of hope that there would be plasma guns, BFGs and rockets shot straight out of your chest, but now I realize mankind has devolved into a bunch of sissy weaklings who watch other people play games for entertainment because playing games now is too much of a chore. We are ripe for the picking when the demons come.

My personality is certainly different now to what it was when I was 5 years old. But I could probably lend it to Doom for helping me develop a taste for grunge and thrash metal.

Hmm...if I haven't played Doom in the SNES, I'd have some different tastes. I mean, I'd probably play Doom way back but not with the same interest by now...

I would say a lot. It really helped me grow who I am and such. The first time I've played Doom was when I was like 9 and after I keep playing more and more, I have lot of self-confidence and such.

Doom has been out for a long time yeah, but I was born 1995 and no one I ever knew mentioned doom to me except for a friend that let me borrow doom 3 bfg edition back then, I've been on a doom binge playing every one, anyway I could ever since. I love doom 2 mostly, but I've played hours of doom 1,2,64,3,4 lol I can't find doom rpg...

Like, I used to play battlefield non-stop. Battlefield modern combat for the ps2 up to bad company, battlefield 3-4, and doom just took over my mind, it became my favorite game. Like, even if I do play battlefield I play with shotguns and stuff now, it changed my style very much. For some reason, doom has a certain feel to it.. Like you can smell and taste the 90's

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

I'm a lot less shy than I used to be and a little more self-confident. 

Shootguns always give us more confidence. Right? 

Well, it's been already 12 years since i met doom, and i say that particularly didn't change at all.

My personality were changing a lot since i met online videogames, i became more angry and impatience.

But then, i realice that i do play videogames for having a joy time, so i decided to chill out and play some other stuff and watch some players playing other videogames.

Doom instead, just gave me such a good time and were the reason i kept on internet forums.

So if doom has changed to me, i said good to better.

To give an honest answer Doom was perhaps the first, if not one of the first games, to get me to truly understand and appreciate ambient music. Playing through episode one I can still remember getting chills getting through level six, seven, and eventually eight, the last of which used to terrify me after I met the baron brothers for the first time. It made me appreciate any and all ambient music that could appropriately accentuate a scene or level and give your subconscious a reason to contemplate what you were walking into. Granted, I think I ultimately learned that through the majority of 8-bit/16-bit PC games I learned to play over the years, but I still remember what the original Doom felt like when I played through it properly the first few times. That is easily one of the personality changes I adopted; not necessarily something that would change my everyday routine, but one that made me stop, listen, and appreciate what was being conveyed through music that performs without vocals.

Actually, now that Kirby reminds me, PSX Doom and Doom 64 had showed me how there could be a darker side to something that was already not exactly all that upbeat to begin with (PC Doom) and for that I love 'darkifying' stuff I enjoy e.g. Quake, Postal, Carmageddon. My morbid fascination with grimdark stuff probably peeked around the time of discovering those particular console Doom versions. Aubrey Hodges' timeless soundtracks certainly aided too, but I was already in love with Trent Reznor's compositions for Quake as well as Akira Yamaoka's works for Silent Hill.

Lmao! One day I looked side to side and raised my eyebrows when my friend was talking to me. He stopped talking and was like "Wtf? Nigga saw something" Lmao, he didn't understand