Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterRhan

What mods do you use with DOOM 3?

I use the realistic weapons mod, which makes the weapons sound beefier and more realistic in combat, without making them op.

Trent Reznor monster sounds. Self-explanatory, took only the monster sounds to avoid interference with the realistic weapons mod.

Alpha Shotgun mod. It just looks so much better than the actual one.

Having just finished Doom 3 I'm now playing the Event Horizon mod.

I've only really played the 'vanilla' doom 3 and bfg edition, though i have some hd textures mods installed. Now that you mentioned those i'm interested in trying it out, i really like doom 3's campaign, maybe taking it fresh once more would be nice.

Also, doom 3 shotgun is cute and i'll die defending it's honor >:l

For actual Doom 3, I only used self-made tweaks to the weapons and then slapped Arl's Improvements because it's good.

Outside of that the only mod I've ever tried was Hardqore 2, I wish that mod had gained a bigger following.

Small mods: Arl's improvements, a mod which brings back the Doom 3 Alpha HUD, sounds, and the shotgun.

Bigger mods (custom maps): In Hell, Endarchy, Hallowed

Phrozo's mod is worth noting (These sand/glass/lava/nukage/paper/whatever jets and their decals are so neat!), his particle addon when I cannot use mod with something else.

Edited by Quadrops : (Shame for such a simple mistake of mine)

I'm happy to know that my improvement mod is being used. And I'm also happy to know that the Alpha Shotgun that was wished many times is also a reality and is being used, because the work made by GodOfGaming to convert the model data from the old D3 alpha format to the final D3 format was quite laborious.

Regarding the mods I use: I use as a constant my improvements (naturally), and the amazing Phrozo Particles, the rest of mods I may use I use them occasionally.

I remember when people were saying that it was impossible to use the alpha models due to them using an older format not available in most 3D modeling tools, I found it amazing when it became possible.

First time playing since 2012. I'm playing with Overthinked Doom 3, and I fucking love it. It's REALLY unbalanced with ammo, but I can manage it if I just pick my shots.