Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Destroyer - 4.7m4d

If Monsters are Glitched out of map in a speedrun is it still considered a UV-MAX?

So I played a map and recorded the demo . I killed all monsters present and headed to the exit . I realized that there are 4 monsters in the map still alive, I searched everyone but could not find them so I went to the exit anyways. I replayed the demo and it seems that the 4 monsters have glitched out of the map ,they were supposed to teleport into a specific area , however they did not.

Is this considered a UV-Max run? they were out of the map and they were supposed to have teleport to some area in the map. I killed all monsters present and discovered all hidden secrets .

Which map it is btw?? They should teleport somehow, try again. This kind of problem happened when I maxed Doom Core map 31, 2 monster never teleported. In prboom, they never teleport no matter what I do and they seem to stuck with each other for some weird reason. But in zdoom, they teleport properly. If something happens like this then just forget them and kill others. Otherwise, whatever GarretChan said is right.

Usually, if they can be killed, they must be killed. But it depends on the map. Some maps are known to have unreachable monsters. But it is decided on an individual case basis, by consensus. Eg I think it is widely agreed that the immortal chaingunner and its archvile power source on PL27 can still be alive on map exit without disqualification (even though it was shown they can be killed eventually with sufficient rocket-spamming).

The demos forum veterans would likely give you a more definitive answer. Paging @Grazza @Opulent @vdgg @dew

50 minutes ago, Grazza said:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/18410-welcome-to-the-demos-forum-prboom-plus-usage-wad-and-irc-links-general-info/?do=findComment&comment=799580

By the way, questions relating to demos are likely to be answered best and most quickly if they are asked in the demos forum. It's what it's there for, after all.

I will keep that in mind

On 9/7/2017 at 4:09 AM, RjY said:

Usually, if they can be killed, they must be killed. But it depends on the map. Some maps are known to have unreachable monsters. But it is decided on an individual case basis, by consensus. Eg I think it is widely agreed that the immortal chaingunner and its archvile power source on PL27 can still be alive on map exit without disqualification (even though it was shown they can be killed eventually with sufficient rocket-spamming).

That is exactly correct.   In general, monsters that are unreachable or are unintentionally inaccessible by the map author are not required(with the notable, unusual exceptions of pl11 and e1m8 - where 100% kills is not expected to be achievable).  Just like secrets that don't trigger by the engine because the sectors are too small or unreachable, it is agreed that it is a map design flaw and doesn't count in the total.  As RjY said, if it is obtainable, or sometimes the monsters DO teleport in, then you must have a run that this happens or it is not considered a valid maxdemo(although, it is probably still a good demo!).