Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

What are your favorite handguns in FPS games?

For me it would be the Falcon 2 from Perfect Dark. It really packs a punch and is enjoyable to use, it has a good strong firing sound which doesn't sound like a peashooter, I also like its steel-blue and black colour.

Desert Eagle from Counter-Strike franchise.

The Doom pistol aka a Beretta.

Duke Nukem's pistol in both Duke 3D and DNF.

Just a few of mine.

I always loved that punch you feel from Halo's original Magnum. I only played the first Halo, so I can't say how it's evolved since then or whether it still feels the same in recent instalments.

I also like Carnivores' pistol. I haven't tried out the new Revolver yet, but it seems pretty cool (and it's very powerful).

There are others, but I can't remember them atm.

The Desert Eagle in Postal 2: that thing has UNCANNY precision, and is powerful enough to be used in lieu of the sniper or assault rifle most of the time. Practically zero recoil or refire loss of accuracy, too. Ammo is also much more common.

Does the Needler count as a handgun? Cause I love throwing slightly-homing purple needles which pierces straight through the enemy and then isplode.

Perfect Dark's Mauler pistol. Magazine capacity of 20, you can wield 2 of them, rapid fire (auto/semi auto), and the secondary fire is a charged shot that sucks up 5 ammo for guaranteed kill. Probably my favourite pistol in all the FPS games I've played.

The Rakow AT-14 from F.E.A.R., the handguns in this game remain a deadly force throughout the whole game.

600px-FEAR-USP-2.jpg

The Glock 17 in Half-Life. I believe this was the first time I ever saw a Glock handgun and I was instantly drawn towards it. It's not the most powerful gun around, but I like it's black boxy design. I always thought it was cool how when you reload it, the fresh magazine Gordon puts in is windowed.

600px-Hl_glock_reload.jpg

The Heckler & Koch USP Match from Half-Life 2. It's fast firing, it's sleek, and it's decently powerful.

20100824064101!HL2_HK_USP_Match.jpg

The Colt Python in Half-Life series. It one hits almost every enemy in the game, when you fire it Gordon's hand flies off the screen, and it sounds like a fucking cannon going off.

20100824064347!HL2_Colt_Python.jpg

The Enforcer from Unreal Tournament '99, especially when you get two of them.

This technically counts, the flare pistol from Blood. Because it sets motherfuckers on fire.

handguns is not my favourites type of weapon but i really like the one from duke nukem 3D and i especially like colt python from half life 1

500px-Duke3d_gun2.jpg350?cb=20091117124819&path-prefix=en

Handguns are almost always my favorite type of gun, cs I'll take most players with a pistol and do fine, even if just for the mobility boost, but as far as my favorite across all games... Idk. The boltok pistol (hand cannon) from Gears of War (specifically gears 2) would have to be ranked up there very high though, there is little that is more fun than waltzing around a cover-based, semi-tactical (in the sense of you have to "aim," as opposed to blind firing or shooting from the hip) game without using cover and while firing headshots from the hip all over the place, each time earning that satisfying melon-pop sfx. Once you get the feel down for the aiming of it, how to orient screen and whatnot, it is surprisingly reliable and reinvigorated the game for me. Quick draw, boomer; I dodge cyber rockets all day what do you got?

Unfortunately no other GoW game gave it quite the same feel, so it's much less doable in other games of the series. 

3 hours ago, Maes said:

The Desert Eagle in Postal 2: that thing has UNCANNY precision, and is powerful enough to be used in lieu of the sniper or assault rifle most of the time. Practically zero recoil or refire loss of accuracy, too. Ammo is also much more common.

In terms of a Desert Eagle it's terrible because it's incredibly under-powered, but for that game it's probably the best of all the firearms for overall accuracy and average damage output.

Now for my favorites:

Wolf3D's Walther P38 (yes, it's a P38, not a Luger like in later games).
Blood's unidentified flare pistol.
Half-Life 2's H&K USP Match.
Unreal's Automag/Unreal Tournament's Enforcer.
Sin's Automag-esque Magnum handgun.
Soldier of Fortune's IMI Desert Eagle MK VII (chambered in .44 magnum).
Red Faction's 12mm pistol.
FEAR's H&K USP40.

Are you the lover of handguns? well well well just take this game (counter strike) and divorce with your wife will be faster than your erection...

Edited by Mr. Trotl

Bolt pistols are just smaller more convenient Bolters and I mean that in the best way

3 minutes ago, Mr. Trotl said:

... and divorce with your husband ...

Did you, perhaps mean "divorce with your wife"? Most FPS players (and probably most visitors to these forums) are male. Plus, the "erection" reference.

Regardless, what you said was quite funny. Ha!

The Desert Eagle from CS 1.6/CZ, powerful and deadly, but with 7 bullets, you better make those shots count.

SiN's Automag looking Magnum pistol, good for headshots, can be attached with a sound supressor for a stealth approach.

Duke3D's pistol, reliable, plenty of ammo for it, great for finishing off enemies that took a shotgun blast.

Doom 3's pistol, interesting design, has perfect accuracy, making headshots easy.

Rage's revolver-esque pistol, cool design, once you get Fatboys, it gets very useful.

Half Life's Glock, reliable weapon with great accuracy, has a lot of use.

And Blood's flare pistol, great for ammo conservation, 1 or 2 shots, then laugh at them screaming as they burn to the ground.

5 hours ago, Danzadan said:

The Enforcer from Unreal Tournament

Enforcer.png

And it's predecessor, Automag.

Automag_unreal.jpg

Thats my crush. 

49 minutes ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

The Plasma Cutter from Dead Space deadspace2.jpg.7c30b54f95716b0ff07ff94d0c3e995a.jpg. Its glorious. 

i forget about dead space and plasma cutter, what a great weapon

Because it hasn't been mentioned the M77 Paladin from ME3. It's a pretty powerful handgun in both the singleplayer and multiplayer portions of the game  especially with the right mods and is very enjoyable to use.

ME3_Paladin_Heavy_Pistol.png

The DD44 from Goldeneye and its spiritual cousin, the Falcon 2 from Perfect Dark. Rapidly firing a pair of them and hearing their low-pitched bangs give me the tingles. Come to think of it, the unsuppressed PP7 had a similar, sharper sound that I liked.

The Mark 23 from Action Quake 2. It was the only pistol in the mod, but it was an excellent starter weapon. It was damn accurate while crouching, and a headshot was a guaranteed kill at all but the longest ranges. The gunshot itself did sound wimpy, but the relative quietness only served to make the lovely ripe headshot sound all the more satisfying.

The MK23 from Killing Floor 1. It was a community-made weapon that was officially incorporated into the game. Decent price in dosh, good capacity, great backup weapon when SHTF, especially if you had two. I hope the sequel will add it later down the line.

The Enforcer from Unreal Tournament. All-around nasty SOB, gangsta-fire was lethal at close range, especially with a second one (I sense a theme here...)

20 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

Colt Python from Half-Life 2 is the only one that comes to mind immediately

9B7A99D962A4AE284D6E78B7157A10E797DB1589

It looks like Anaconda on the barrel. :p

21 hours ago, Nevander said:

Duke Nukem's pistol in both Duke 3D and DNF.

I don't understand why he didn't keep the Desert Eagle as his sidearm in DNF. They're loud, flashy, obnoxious and not real practical in a lot of situations, but you can't deny their power.

The handgun in DNF seemed like the same kind of handgun as the one in the N64 port of DN3D.