Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemonusDefunctus

What are your silly monster nicknames?

Recommended Posts

For example when I first played doom and didn't know the monster names. I called the cacodemons "Man Eating Strawberries"

 

Edit. As a bonus what did you think the wolfenstein enemies were saying when you alerted them?

Edited by DemonusDefunctus

Share this post


Link to post

When I was 8 years old in 1994, I had never heard the word "badass" before, so when reading the E1 end text I assumed that it was the name that id had given the Baron. I pronounced it like "Baddus," and I kept calling them that for a few days until my dad corrected me.

Share this post


Link to post

I think i renamed most of them although my silliest would be

Cyberdemon rocketman

Lost soul. Fire face

Baron of hell. Goat legs

Cacodemon rolly red

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Arto91 said:

I think i renamed most of them although my silliest would be

Cyberdemon rocketman

Lost soul. Fire face

Baron of hell. Goat legs

Cacodemon rolly red

L-O-freaking-L at the Fire Face and Rocketman

Share this post


Link to post

Never really had any nicknames after I learned about the monster's real names, but I think I use to call them the fallowing in my shareware doom days:

 

The zombies: the soldier monsters

Imps: the brown fire dudes

Demons: The pig monsters

Barons: The goat monsters

 

Never really played the full thing or doom 2 until much later and by then I knew the real names.     

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

Pinky - mutant ox 

 

Cacodemon - flying mutant tomato

 

Baron of Hell/Hell Knight - minotaur 

 

Arch-vile - annoying cunt

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 42PercentHealth said:

I called pinkies gorilla-pigs. Don't really remember much else worth mentioning...

I like gorilla-pigs.Cool!A friend of mine calls the cacos fart blossoms.

Share this post


Link to post

When I first started playing, I gave the various monsters my own "names" despite having read the manual (that is, minus the Wolfenstein SS/Commander Keen):

 

Zombieman: Possessed Infantry

Shotgun Guy: Possessed Sergeant

Chaingun Guy: Possessed Corporal

Imp: Minor Demon

Pinky: Berserker Demon

Revenant: Undead Missile Carrier

Cacodemon: Meatball fuckers (never got around to properly naming them...)

Pain Elemental: Soul Carrier

Lost Soul: Soul

Arachnotron: Spider Mech

Hell Knight: Lesser Noble

Mancubus: Demon Flamethrower

Arch-Vile: High Priest

Baron of Hell: High Noble

Cyberdemon: Demon Lord

Spiderdemon: Demon Commander

Wolfenstein SS: Hell Militia (didn't know why they were there at first, figured they were just damned souls trying to get better treatment in exchange for fighting for Hell, and actually spun up a little bit of headcanon involving their gear being cheaply-made uniforms made with Cacodemon blood dye, with STEN-looking semi-automatic carbines in cottage industries around Hell).

Commander Keen: Sacrifice

Share this post


Link to post

SMM - señora (lady)

Cyber - señor (sir)

Revenant - esqueleto de mierda (skeleton piece of shit)

Imp - monito (little monkey)

Cacodemon - caquito (umm, little caco?)

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Rifle Infantry said:

When I first started playing, I gave the various monsters my own "names" despite having read the manual (that is, minus the Wolfenstein SS/Commander Keen):

 

Zombieman: Possessed Infantry

Shotgun Guy: Possessed Sergeant

Chaingun Guy: Possessed Corporal

Imp: Minor Demon

Pinky: Berserker Demon

Revenant: Undead Missile Carrier

Cacodemon: Meatball fuckers (never got around to properly naming them...)

Pain Elemental: Soul Carrier

Lost Soul: Soul

Arachnotron: Spider Mech

Hell Knight: Lesser Noble

Mancubus: Demon Flamethrower

Arch-Vile: High Priest

Baron of Hell: High Noble

Cyberdemon: Demon Lord

Spiderdemon: Demon Commander

Wolfenstein SS: Hell Militia (didn't know why they were there at first, figured they were just damned souls trying to get better treatment in exchange for fighting for Hell, and actually spun up a little bit of headcanon involving their gear being cheaply-made uniforms made with Cacodemon blood dye, with STEN-looking semi-automatic carbines in cottage industries around Hell).

Commander Keen: Sacrifice

how can the chaingun guy have a lower rank than the shotgun guy? doesn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

how can the chaingun guy have a lower rank than the shotgun guy? doesn't make sense.

I had figured he was some kind of specialist, think the equivalent of a light machine gunner in a modern day army.

Share this post


Link to post

Not really silly, but I used to call Pain Elementals Pain-in-the-Ass Elementals. Because frankly, they sort of are exactly that.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

how can the chaingun guy have a lower rank than the shotgun guy? doesn't make sense.

Wait... aren't Officers carrying pistols in video games? I guess according to this, Zombiemen should have the highest ranking, which also doesn't make any sense ;P

Share this post


Link to post

Imp - A monkey

Cacodemon - An apple

Anarchotron - A spider

Arch-vile - A wizard

Revenant - A skeleton

Demon - A pig

Spectre - An invisible pig

 

I guess I wan't much original then

 

In my native language it's

Opice

Jabko

Pavouk

Kouzelník

Kostra

Prase

Neviditelný prase

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×