Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clay

What are your silly monster nicknames?

22 hours ago, AsianMammoth said:

Yeah, Brazilian Portuguese to be more exact.

I used to be unable to distinguish. Between them but after ten years married to a woman from Argentina... You learn a few things .

Assmunch Demons - Pinkies. Because if you let the things get too close, they can and will rip a great big chunk out of your ass.

Invisible Assmunch Demons - Spectres. Same reasons as the Assmunch Demons above, except they're invisible.

Boneheads - Revenants, for obvious reasons.

Flying Skullbastards - Lost Souls. You can probably guess why I like to call them that.

Caco-Lanterns - Cacodemons. I know there's a custom Caco variant literally called that, but come on...

Pain-in-the-Ass Elementals - Pain Elementals, because of their unlovable habit of swarming you in Flying Skullbastards.

Little Spidey - Arachnotrons.

Fucking Viles - Arch-Viles. The first part becomes very apparent when they resurrect a whole bunch of shit that you just killed and that you want to stay dead.

Spidey/Big Spidey - The Spider Mastermind.

Big Guy - The Cyberdemon.

Edited by Dravencour

Some that I still use now:

Cyberass and Spiderass- Cyberdemon and SMM

Cacofucks- Cacodemons

Dick Chainies (or Chaingun Dicks)- Chaingunners

Mancuboys- Mancubi

fucking rev- Revenants

I always called the demons 'pigs' when I was a kid but other than that I didn't really have any nicknames for the enemies. I thought the Wolf SS dudes were saying 'bind baby!' as they died for some strange reason, especially using their actual Wolf3D sounds as opposed to the softer re-records for Doom2. To this very day their alert noise just sounds like 'swoo sha ho!' to me. No idea what it's meant to be in German, if anything.

Ferris wheels, hobo bins, hyper imps, festival souls, albino barons, mini cybers and blood demons. No surprises as to which WAD these come from.

Cyberdemon = angry punching bag

Revenant = small punching bag

Mancubus = shitty punching bag

Hell nobles = okay punching bag

Arch viles = interesting punching bag

Punching bag = PuBa

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

To this very day their alert noise just sounds like 'swoo sha ho!' to me. No idea what it's meant to be in German, if anything.

When encountered, they say "Schutzstaffel!", identifying themselves as members of the SS; literally, "protection squad". When killed, they yell "Mein Leben!", a popular line from Wolfenstein 3D that means "My life!".

5 hours ago, Alfonzo said:

Ferris wheels

That's a good one.

I call them by their respective names although in a shorter version like Mancs, Cybers, Viles, Chaingunners etc..

No silly nicknames and such, not even as a kid..

I know I'm not fun but whatever.

the common name for imps in all my doom books is “shit-imps”.

in knee deep the narrator sometimes calls the hell baron controlling phobos base “the devil of phobos”. its not funny but i thought it sounded cool.

Nothing special with my names here..

Zombieman: Former Human, Grunt, Soldier

Sergeant: Former Sergeant, Baldy, Bald-headed fucker (if killed by one)

Commando: Chaingunner

Imp: Imp

Demon: Demon, Pinky

Spectre: Spectre

Lost Soul: Lost Soul, Fucker/Asshole (because of the tendency of getting too close when I fire the rocket launcher and I kill/seriously injure myself)

Baron of Hell: Baron

Cyberdemon: Cyberdemon

Spider Mastermind: Spider

Arachnotron: Spider, little Spider

Revenant: Revenant, Skeleton

Hell Knight: Hell Knight

Mancubus: Mancubus, Fatso, Fatty, Fat Fuck

Pain Elemental: Pain Elemental, Fucker/Asshole (because same reasons spitting LS's at me up close)

Arch-Vile: Arch-Vile, "Fuck", "Oh fuck" (because resurrection capabilities)

SS: SS Nazi, Nazi

Archvile: Witch

Cacodemon: Floating eye

Pinkies: Meaties

Imps: rumblers (I mistook the grumble of an unseen imp for my stomach growling once)

Cyberdemon: Grand Poo-bah

Mastermind: Big momma

Edited by NEANDERTHAL

On 9/14/2017 at 2:54 PM, DemonusDefunctus said:

I used to be unable to distinguish. Between them but after ten years married to a woman from Argentina... You learn a few things .

Cacodemon = Kakkis (it's finnish and a slang/nickname that relates to shit somehow. Perhaps would mean something made of shit, like a shitball)

Baron = Parski (doesnt really mean anything)

Cyber Demon = Kyberi

Mancubus = Angima (that's how it sounds to finnish ears when it growls before shooting fireballs)

Don't remember if I was calling other monsters something during the years. All those above were invented before 1995 :D

Cacodemon - Tomato

Arch Vile - Mr. Sparkle

Mancubus - Fatty

Lost Soul - Heads

Hell Knight, Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind - Big Guys

Also in Duke Nukem 3D I would call the flying guys with rockets 'Suck it downs' because they would constantly say that nonstop.

These were all the names my dad called all the enemies in Doom by, I would always watch him play it and would beg him to play it just so I could watch him, I guess this was before I knew about Youtube or anything like that. Sometimes I would play it myself but I would always get too scared everytime a Hell Knight showed up or a 'Suck It Down' in Duke Nukem and I would make my dad kill them for me ._.

To this day my dad still calls all the enemies by those names, I don't even think he knows their actual names.

I even got him the Brutal Doom Hell on Earth Starter Pack a while ago on his laptop and he always makes me play to get him past a hard part because he sucks at playing with a mouse ;)

I always called a demon a demon. Thanks to the Internet its stuck with a silly nickname of "pinkie."

After a long time of hating doom, I got my wife to play. She has played Hell on Earth Starter Pack, Enjay's Water Labs,  Synndra's Dark Harvest, Plutonia experiment with PB, Doom 2 vanilla and PB all in just 3 days. She has nickety names too.

Caco - Cacofuck....She sucks at dodging their missiles for some reason.

Arch-vile - OH FUCK NO NO NO NO....Obvious reasons.

Lost soul - Those fuckers.

Revs -  No dammit!.....because of the turning/seeking missiles.

Hell Knight - Chlamydia Blood.

Baron - That Time of the Month

Archviles - Vilelators / Fuckers

Former Humans/Sargents/Heavy Weapon Dudes - Bitches

Spider Mastermind - RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Former Human/Former Sergeant - Ammo
Cyberdemon - Edgar

And back when we were playing this game on a Pentium 90 at a friend's place, his very young brother also thought that, when enemies were getting gibbed, they were being turned into crabs. So we referred to gibbed bodies as crabs, and gibbing as "crabbing" for a while.

On 9/7/2017 at 8:50 PM, FantasmeDel'Esprit54 said:

Imps- Brown piece of shit

Hell knight- Bigger brown piece of shit

Baron- Bloody piece of shit

Cacodemon- oh dear god

^Pretty much this, except I would usually change/switch names for enemies based on how well/bad I may be doing; so at any given time, the Cyberdemon may be an asshole, piece of shit or motherfucker in a 10 minute period... ha.

17 hours ago, DemonusDefunctus said:

After a long time of hating doom, I got my wife to play. She has played Hell on Earth Starter Pack, Enjay's Water Labs,  Synndra's Dark Harvest, Plutonia experiment with PB, Doom 2 vanilla and PB all in just 3 days. She has nickety names too.

Caco - Cacofuck....She sucks at dodging their missiles for some reason.

Arch-vile - OH FUCK NO NO NO NO....Obvious reasons.

Lost soul - Those fuckers.

Revs -  No dammit!.....because of the turning/seeking missiles.

She sounds like a keeper.

Cacodemons. Flying Rasberrys

Lost Souls. Aviatory Skulls

Pinky. Icecream monsters

SS soldiers. blue men

Archvile. Scheißkopf