pa02-2057, Underhalls done Pacifist!

15 hours ago, fabian said:

Erm, sorry?

Nothing against your port, if he made it with cndoom it would be official record. That's why I send you email few days ago. Too many demos unrecognized as official records :(

1 person likes this

Unrecognized by whom? cn is dead.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the reality.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, fx02 said:

Nothing against your port, if he made it with cndoom it would be official record. That's why I send you email few days ago. Too many demos unrecognized as official records :(

I see. I wondered about your post especially in the light of our recent email conversation, but know I understand what you meant. ;)

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Unrecognized by whom?

I think by the increasing number of players who choose to recognise cndoom as competn's continuation. I'm not sure but I believe there is a consensus gradually forming for modernised standards. I believe @dew could expand on this? Sadly most of the discussion is walled up inside some Discord server -- I only became aware of it via fallout from the two-key strafe50 debacle.

CN is completely obsolete. i cant see any way it will suddenly start growing again and become relevant.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, RjY said:

I think by the increasing number of players who choose to recognise cndoom as competn's continuation. I'm not sure but I believe there is a consensus gradually forming for modernised standards.

Uh...no, compet-n and cndoom are pretty much considered the irrelevant butt of jokes by the vast majority of runners - active ones anyway, not going to guess what the silent old folks in the background think :^)

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Uh...no, compet-n and cndoom are pretty much considered the irrelevant butt of jokes by the vast majority of runners - active ones anyway, not going to guess what the silent old folks in the background think :^)

Hmm, okay. I seem to be wrong about everything these days. So there's currently no central place where the standards are agreed upon? In that case how is it decided what is valid for a given category and what is not? What happens when there's disagreement? (Sorry going a bit offtopic here)

Personally I find demos recorded in dos to be more impressive, and IWAD activity is just as dead for competn\cndoom as it is for any other sourceport. Obviously prboom+ is going to be dominant when it comes to newer wads.

2 people like this

53 minutes ago, ZeroMaster010 said:

Personally I find demos recorded in dos to be more impressive

Ya, I definitely hold a special place of awe for people doing runs in dos, and those runs are somehow special, but not to the point where I would say a faster run in prboom+ isn't the record of course.  I do plan on having some kind of highlighting in dsda3 for true vanilla runs to show them apart in some way.

For disputes, they don't happen that often, but we usually fight about it in the discord - as far as what constitutes max on maps with questionable enemy and secret reachability, or pacifist questions.  There have been some deep threads on here about some of this already in the past year as well.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, fx02 said:

Not a problem, I'm used to get bashed on this forums

You should expect criticism when you selfishly insert yourself and your port into what should be a discussion about someone else's incredible personal achievement.

Anyway, since your link shows no cndoom uploads at all, I am not even sure what point you are trying to make.

2 people like this