Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urthar

Zandronum 3.0

Oh nice, now my RDND mod doesn't need a separate Zandronum version since this version runs normally with the standard ZDoom version's file.

yes it finally finished. u can finally play zdoom mods from half a decade ago in multiplayer (hope they coded it with that in mind... or it's patch time)

4.0 hype?? hopefully not 4 years...

In the past some wads could not be played with Zandronum 2.1.2, because of the lower version of GZDoom. Does someone have a list of wads that became "playable" since the upgrade to 3.0?

5 hours ago, grrfield said:

In the past some wads could not be played with Zandronum 2.1.2, because of the lower version of GZDoom. Does someone have a list of wads that became "playable" since the upgrade to 3.0?

It is beyond my ability/available time to produce a comprehensive list as of writing, but I believe Reelism is one such WAD that didn't work in 2.1.2 but works (well, generally works) in 3.0.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:24 PM, Shadow Hog said:

It is beyond my ability/available time to produce a comprehensive list as of writing, but I believe Reelism is one such WAD that didn't work in 2.1.2 but works (well, generally works) in 3.0.

the 2.1.2 version worked very well although it may have not been fully updated.

whatever 3.0 'version' i found... yea that sucked. everything was wrong, let's just leave it that half of the monsters were invisible in any user setup. Best hope is  someone upgrades 2.1.2v or actually tries to port it right

Well, I more meant taking the most-recent version intended for use directly with GZDoom, and then attempting to use it with Zandronum verbatim, not attempting to use any Zandronum-specific build. Zan 3.0 was able to take that punch fairly well, with only a few client crashes and the occasional inability to move anywhere on a map change (usually back to the lobby).