Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

Post Your (Other) Video Game Screenshots Here

I tried my best to recreate the look of classic Doomguy's armor in Star Trek Online.

rls7vio.jpg

5 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

crygoOb.png

Quake mapping is <3

I'm starting to love Trenchbroom's cut tool.

Anytime I see someone mapping for Quake, it makes me want to go grab Trenchbroom and inevitably spend a whole month with it nonstop.

wwBzIxi.png

yewHiof.png

kVpT3EX.png

I played way too much this game before realizing how much time I wasted on it, prolly just because it was a Diablo game and that I'm a absolute fan of the series. Unfortunately, the third game will not stand the test of time much longer.

I could see how it wouldn't surpass Diablo II in terms of overall versatility and complexity, and I don't think they thought they were ever going to as it's quite large boots to fill, but for what I've seen so far it stands on its own rather strongly, even if it is a little fan service-y with all the references to the first game.

4 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

You got my attention.

10689975.jpg

8 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Diablo III

gross lol it looks like modern day mobas and I hate color and fun. Where's the brooding atmosphere, maaan?

9 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Diablo III, better than I expected so far, especially for first impressions.

Do tell us about the overall amount of content the base game offers once you finished it.

A friend told me the base game is pretty underwhelming in terms of available content, the expansion being almost a requirement.

7 hours ago, Neurosis said:

I hate color and fun. Where's the brooding atmosphere, maaan?

It's actually got a great Halloween atmosphere, at least in the first act so far with the spooky looking woods. The color here is also used tastefully, enough to make things stand out and not be overly muted nor is it so overly colorful to the point of looking like a completely different game. It's just as dark as previous Diablo games, if not even more violent this time around.

5 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Do tell us about the overall amount of content the base game offers once you finished it.

A friend told me the base game is pretty underwhelming in terms of available content, the expansion being almost a requirement.

I hear the expansion is pretty much mandatory, funnily enough the same can be said for Diablo II. So far the level design does seem very linear, and indoor areas are kinda small, but this could just be early on in Act I. The sheer feedback with the visceral fighting and physics objects and the brilliant sound design provide great game feel, an absolute essential in these kinds of games.

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

how colourful and less gritty it is

I think the color is used tastefully, so far lots of horror movie blue and sickly greens, some purple, it's not like candy land. Also I'd argue the grittiness is more in-tune with the original game than its more understandably broader but less dark sequel. It's definitely way more violent.

18 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

Oh come on, I was merely comparing D3 to D2's level of grittiness.

Diablo 3 was not made by Blizzard North, it was made by Blizzard Irvine. Yet a number of people somehow expect the exact same art design as Blizzard North's Diablo? I think it's a silly argument honestly. Adjust your expectations and don't skimp out on a solid ARPG just because it has dashes of color.

Perhaps you'd prefer Whimsyshire?

Edit: I will agree that every game being online these days sucks. What can you do...

You post an opinion on an open forum and get mad when someone challenges it? k.

Also never said anywhere there is anything wrong with preferring an artstyle. Go play Diablo 2 then, I am.