Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

Post Your (Other) Video Game Screenshots Here

Need For Speed: Most Wanted(2012)

449636517_Screenshot(109).png.a0f93ab16f49d679b5caae2fd4184cd5.png

547033436_Screenshot(110).png.0d4db55d1d1b5e5990544222ff14acd6.png

1592958190_Screenshot(111).png.4f30c943b0ec2eb189195b7daf5423f5.png

I seriously do not know why NFS fans consider THIS MASTERPIECE by EA as the worst NFS game ever. I mean, look at these screens! The graphics, cars and the environment are much much better than the OG 2005 game.  They feel like this destroys the classic "NFS culture". But I would just give this one a straight 10/10!

3 minutes ago, TFK said:

I seriously do not know why NFS fans consider THIS MASTERPIECE by EA as the worst NFS game ever. I mean, look at these screens! The graphics, cars and the environment are much much better than the OG 2005 game.  They feel like this destroys the classic "NFS culture". But I would just give this one a straight 10/10!

The main problem of that game is that it feels little more than a re-branded Burnout. I like it and consider it a solid racing game, but at the same time it just doesn't feel like a true NFS game. HP2010 didn't miss the spirit at all unlike MW2012, and while we're on the subject, even Criterion themselves stated that it's "Burnout's spiritual successor" .

1 minute ago, Agent6 said:

The main problem of that game is that it feels little more than a re-branded Burnout.

I feel the nitro as kinda slow. So it cannot be more like Burnout. I guess, while Burnout Paradise focuses more on the speed, Most Wanted focuses more on the Environment.

Yeah. I have no idea how to activate it. Is there any way to remove it? I use Windows 10 Pro, so it still constantly updates.

6 hours ago, TFK said:

Yeah. I have no idea how to activate it. Is there any way to remove it? I use Windows 10 Pro, so it still constantly updates.

Well do what the message says :v . Settings -> Updates & Security - > Activation.

But since you're seeing that... ya sure you're not using a pirate copy there?

Look what the Blood console told me when I tried to revive myself with God mode. On the Well Done difficulty. 

Lord Tchernobog is giving me the finger. 

duke0012.png.fca705d0c03ce675d8fc46ddcd9148c0.png

12 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

"Quake is too brown!"

spasm0000.png

spasm0001.png

spasm0012.png

spasm0013.png

spasm0002.png

spasm0007.png

spasm0008.png

spasm0005.png

spasm0009.png

spasm0004.png

thinking.png

What version of Quake are you using? And how did you get those light effects? I'd give anything to play this for a few minutes! 

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

What version of Quake are you using? And how did you get those light effects? I'd give anything to play this for a few minutes! 

Quakespasm with the appropriate .lit files for the maps.

You can find those (and .vis files for transparent water) here.

1 hour ago, CARRiON said:

spasm0000.png

Looks like the Quake logo on the ceiling. Is this a map from the expansion packs? 

22 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Quakespasm with the appropriate .lit files for the maps.

You can find those (and .vis files for transparent water) here.

You're my goddamn hero.

Just now, Starkiller said:

Looks like the Quake logo on the ceiling. Is this a map from the expansion packs? 

IIRC that's the start map in Dissolution of Eternity.

1 minute ago, KVELLER said:

IIRC that's the start map in Dissolution of Eternity.

Thanks. I need to play the expansion packs sometime. Do they work for WINQUAKE?

Thanks. I need to play the expansion packs sometime. Do they work for WINQUAKE?

Haven't tried, but they should AFAIK. I remember the HUD not changing in GLQuake though (both expansions have a different HUD), but then again, GLQuake being buggy is old news.

In any case, I encourage you to use a source port. FitzQuake Mark V has a software renderer if you're interested.

1 minute ago, KVELLER said:

Haven't tried, but they should AFAIK. I remember the HUD not changing in GLQuake though (both expansions have a different HUD), but then again, GLQuake being buggy is old news.

In any case, I encourage you to use a source port. FitzQuake Mark V has a software renderer if you're interested.

Thanks. I shall give it try. Know where I can find the expansion packs?

Thanks. I shall give it try. Know where I can find the expansion packs?

Steam. GOG as well, most likely.

Y'know, Quake still looks pretty awesome even without texture packs apparently.

Still, texture packs can really transform the game. With Epsilon it looks like something that came out relatively recently. Always amazing what you can do with old games:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Y'know, Quake still looks pretty awesome even without texture packs apparently.

Still, texture packs can really transform the game. With Epsilon it looks like something that came out relatively recently. Always amazing what you can do with old games:

Hide contents

I play Quake on GL mode. I don't mind if it's brown, it's still fun to quad through Lovecraftian mythos.

I recommend Quakespasm (and so does John Romero!). Mark V is another one that gets recommended a lot. I personally never cared for all the fancy stuff like hi-res textures or models or ports like Darkplaces. It's all too much and sucks the charm right out of the aesthetic. I like my gritty chunky pixels and low definition horrors.

21 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

I recommend Quakespasm (and so does John Romero!). Mark V is another one that gets recommended a lot. I personally never cared for all the fancy stuff like hi-res textures or models or ports like Darkplaces. It's all too much and sucks the charm right out of the aesthetic. I like my gritty chunky pixels and low definition horrors.

I prefer Quake as it is already. It's better to leave it low-res than change the game pixels. It adds to the mythos charm, at least for me. 

On 5/13/2018 at 12:56 PM, Starkiller said:

Look what the Blood console told me when I tried to revive myself with God mode. On the Well Done difficulty. 

Lord Tchernobog is giving me the finger. 

duke0012.png.fca705d0c03ce675d8fc46ddcd9148c0.png

You're cheating to be good!

15 minutes ago, geo said:

You're cheating to be good!

I don't usually cheat, though. I usually beat a game fairly when I play it for the first time. This screenshot was to show the hilarity of the situation.

Apparently Doom is not the only game to get the tutti frutti artifacts, Perfect Dark is another but I only encountered this during emulation. Pelagic II is the only level in the game to get this issue surprisingly and it happens in random ways.

hWzfnQo.jpg

Edited by Avoozl