Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

Post Your (Other) Video Game Screenshots Here

Starting out with a new spellsword build in Skyrim Special Edition (with 300 mods...this won't end well.)

FF74B027ECD8986103A591C80315392B71D9A5E5

8D7FA52A9C42721F3B43C5AC355559F40360B119

87C1B79E46A4EADC2F227AA9024D4B0A95980978

585A1911B895E11647151151B42B4F45341AAAF9

Edited by guitardz

On 3/12/2020 at 5:36 AM, guitardz said:

Starting out with a new spellsword build in Skyrim Special Edition (with 300 mods...this won't end well.)

FF74B027ECD8986103A591C80315392B71D9A5E5

8D7FA52A9C42721F3B43C5AC355559F40360B119

87C1B79E46A4EADC2F227AA9024D4B0A95980978

585A1911B895E11647151151B42B4F45341AAAF9

300 mods but no ENB?!

Just now, Woolie Wool said:

300 mods but no ENB?!

My PC can run ENB, but I can't also run recording/streaming software with it.  I'm also not a fan of the game taking a full 5 minutes to start when ENB is installed.

Alright, just for @Woolie Wool I installed an ENB, found a preset that works with decent performance on my system with OBS (Skyrim ReEngaged ENB), and took a few more screenshots.

ED75492D3DE8399A03DA4DE828C0C58831A2027A

439683DA81B39A44A18344EBFDED433F88ACE9C4

E0F714AC4F46F1AF1717F79532FD33B42FB2475E

The startup time is still a pain, not a full 5 minutes, but not great.  As long as my game doesn't start CTDing constantly, i can live with it.

51 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

Looks good @guitardz. I'm tempted to go back into Skyrim myself. I bought the DLC on sale and then never played it since.

If you do I highly suggest using the Wabbajack auto-mod installer.  I did and I've never had a large mod list be this stable.  I'm using an installation called Nice Overall Improvements SE with a few extras I threw on top of it, lol.

P.S. I feaking love No Man's Sky.  Keep those screens coming.

So that was indeed NMS, huh.

How has the game changed and improved since its disastrous launch? I'm genuinely curious.

2 hours ago, guitardz said:

If you do I highly suggest using the Wabbajack auto-mod installer.  I did and I've never had a large mod list be this stable.  I'm using an installation called Nice Overall Improvements SE with a few extras I threw on top of it, lol.

P.S. I feaking love No Man's Sky.  Keep those screens coming.

Ahh very cool, taking a look at this wabbajack thing. :) I have 900 screens or more, will keep posting em. ;)

2 hours ago, seed said:

So that was indeed NMS, huh.

How has the game changed and improved since its disastrous launch? I'm genuinely curious.

I've played since day one and enjoyed it despite the initial flaws. I've taken multiple breaks from it and restarted about 5 times. They've added a lot of content since 2016 and changed a lot of stuff too. It certainly is a much improved game with things like base building, more underwater content, owning multiple ships, improved galaxy map and inventory etc... Also I'm not seeing as many glitches as I used too, some of which were pretty comical.

Some stuff I've not touched, like VR (have no interest in) and the coop aspects. I did play for a bit with a friend, which was just dicking around on the same planet and building a base. There's also community missions you can team up with other players and raid some planet or some mundane digging up some bones or whatever (have barely touched the community stuff myself). I've yet to find this living ship they added a few weeks back but I did find some neat things in space that weren't in the game before. I've yet to make it to the center of the galaxy.

Overall you're mostly hopping between planets, scanning rocks and animals and doing it all again and then you mess about with building a base and hop to another system . It's slow, laid back and grindy with a lot of repetitiveness. My main beef with the game is planets get samey pretty quick and assets like buildings are too overused. Every now and then you find a planet that's different but the buildings are the same. You find the same structures on too many planets and samey animals and rocks and trees. They really need to do an update that addresses that by adding a ton of varied assets. I wish they would at least use some kind of randomized, connective modular buildings so at least your finding different looking structures. I wish they would do something more with the pesky sentinels (the patrolling robots that get pissed when you destroy something in their proximity). I get annoyed at just how they spawn at your location. At least they made them not as frequent on some planets. I do wish they would make it so you can remove them from a system by taking out their base.

So yeah, it's much improved and has lots more content but still faces some issues. I do find the game enjoyable and weirdly addictive and it's a screenshot taking paradise and I like the idea of landing on a planet that nobody else is going to see. It is fun, despite the flaws and they're keeping up with the updates, so that's good. ;)

Here is an older shot. I used to find these buildings where the land is clipping into the structure. Wanna buy some space weed? :P

giWy4WQ.jpg

Edited by Doom_Dude