Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

Those of you with custom titles, what did you do to earn it?

I asked for it, but it was taken a bit too literally. Just the first 4 words would've been fine.

7 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

What's with all the kids in the last 2 days asking how to get a title? It'll come, relax.

No, it almost definitely won't. The vast majority of people will never get a custom title. For realsies.

30 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

I ... don't even remember.

Well, you've said a lot of ignorant shit, that's true.

Doomkid is showing a lot of strength by outing himself as an oldschoolexual, even in a civilized place like this. Doomkid, I wish you the best.

I expected better from all of you. How can you praise Doomkid for such wadist views in the name of traditionalist values? Its the 21st century, people! They dont belong in front of their Pentium IIs anymore, they have the rights to be just as independent as anyone else. This isn't the 90s, and youre alienating literally half of the wad population here.

Quotes from rdwpa and 40oz. All in jest of course, I was rambling about my oldschool taste in wads and got several hilarious replies but these 2 in particular were simply golden

I asked and I received. I follow it's advice every day; I make love to myself and don't make HL mods.

Looks like that the custom title is such a privilege....heh. Now I'm tempted to try and get one.....nah, just kidding.

Get this megasphere ki blast!!!

what's with everyone wants a custom tittle anyway..

I wanted one too, tbqh :p

9 minutes ago, R1ck said:

Are... are you asking for a deal with the devil?

1 minute ago, NeedHealth said:

Are... are you asking for a deal with the devil?

I still believe the custom tittle is something we earn instead of ask. so not yet.

36 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

I requested a name change and didn't want any confusion.

I too requested a name change, 3 years ago, and got this without realizing it. I'm probably the only one here who wants to disintegrate my own custom title and go back to a default one.

Mine's mundane. Living with a Star Wars-obsessed housemate at the time who would mock a friend of his for slurring vowels, so 'Darth Jay' became 'Darth Jrrr'. I would occasionally "sign off" posts in the old Blogs subforum as 'Darth Jrrr'. I believe Ling asked if I was vying for a name change and I replied "well, a custom title wouldn't go amiss" or something to that effect.

It's dated, but I wouldn't change it.

35 minutes ago, R1ck said:

Well....one of the admins will pm us or earn it without noticing it..who knows man :)

I've never requested to change my nickname to admins, but it was changed for some reason. But then again, I like the current one, honestly.

Probably the minority here, but I totally don't care much about getting a custom title.  I wouldn't have any idea what to set mine to anyway, given the opportunity.  Just seems silly to focus on a string of characters that probably nobody reads anyway.  Think I'll stick to waiting for the next /newstuff Chronicles, thanks very much.

That's my two cents, anyway.

I think I said the statement "I didn't know being a forum staple was a bad thing" in the forum somewhere like 6 - 8 years ago and someone bestowed it upon me.

4 hours ago, Jayextee said:

Mine's mundane. Living with a Star Wars-obsessed housemate at the time who would mock a friend of his for slurring vowels, so 'Darth Jay' became 'Darth Jrrr'. I would occasionally "sign off" posts in the old Blogs subforum as 'Darth Jrrr'.

I'd always thought it was a Futurama reference.

I was a Forum Regular and I had made a comment on a status update that I was a Forum Normie (since a "regular" is a "normie" in internet slang) and then the next day it was changed. :D

i changed my username. it's probably a bit redundant now though, since you can change your username on your own now i recall, but still, it's a title. :P