Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anotak

Doom Builder X 2.1.3.10 (Mar17-2018) - map editor forked from DB2

Possible feature request, or maybe this is already in db2/dbx and I'm just outing myself as a failure, but it would be nice to be able to move geometry and Things together. Currently when you select geometry, and change to Things mode and select + move the Things, the geometry does not participate in the move function.

You can go to sector mode and select geometry, then go to thing mode and select things, then go to edit selection mode (press E) and move both.

13 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

You can go to sector mode and select geometry, then go to thing mode and select things, then go to edit selection mode (press E) and move both.

Yessss

Pardon me asking, but is there any way to provide a Linux version?

Even if it had a reduced feature set since DirectX is Windows-exclusive, if thats even how it works haha.

:)

Posted (edited)

it's a very big project, i'd have to rewrite the renderer completely to use vulkan

it's not entirely out of the question but it's enough work to where at that point i am seriously considering writing a new editor mostly from scratch.

there are many things about how doom builder was originally architected both internally and ui-wise that i think could be improved on with the hindsight we have 10 years later.

i know it's not great but i know many people use windows xp running in a VM to run DBX on linux/mac.

Edited by anotak

Alright.

I just really want to get back into mapping for Doom... but SLADE3 seems to not have very much development sadly, and its editor is... not great in my opinion.

I would love if you created a whole new editor. I'd probably through a bit of cash at it too, if it supported GZDoom's features.

anything that supports UDMF supports gzdoom's features. although it's a bit troublesome, as no piece of software follows the UDMF spec 100% accurately.

oh i believe also eureka and yadex (?) run on linux btw?

but like i said, a lot of people choose to use a windows xp VM on linux

Eureka and Yadex are editors, but are heavily outdated.

I believe that they don't even support ZDoom, and I like UDMF.