Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
genericpainelemental

im working on a wad and don't know how to make teleporters

i get that teleporters are a basic thing but i happen to not know how to make them can someone just give a simple answer on how to make them?

(im using doom builder 2 in the zdoom doom for doom format)

Edited by genericpainelemental

Why don't you just follow the suggestions made by others in your doorswitch thread? Go learn the basic stuff from the links in that thread.

3 hours ago, genericpainelemental said:

i get that teleporters are a basic thing but i happen to not know how to make them can someone just give a simple answer on how to make them?

You don't give enough information. Do you want to teleport players, monsters, or both? Do you want a one-way teleport, a to-and-from teleport, maybe a teleport maze, or perhaps a silent teleport? Do you want to use the teleport by stepping over a linedef, or do you want to use a switch-based teleport? Do you actually happen to realize at this point that things just aren't always that simple, and that perhaps it's high time you read a tutorial?

Here is a written tutorial on teleports:

This tutorial explains the most basic teleports you can imagine, it explains them properly and thouroughly. If you read this tutorial, and you do what it teaches you, you can set up basic teleporters. If, for some reason, your teleporters don't work in spite of you following that tutorial, then you made a mistake somewhere.