Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loveless

Dimensions demos [-complevel 9]

Killer5's new wad available here.  

Naming scheme going as dmnXY-ZZZZ. XY is the map, ZZZZ being the time.  

Edited by vdgg

And no "demos" in the topic title. :( Very troubling! (also in this one)

Btw the outdoor fight on Map31 is amazing to watch!

Edited by Memfis

Finally! Its here ... after 3 weeks of attempting to finish map 32 , its HERE!!!!

MAP 32 UV-MAX IN 11:02

Just finished it a couple of minutes ago from this post 

Edited by A7MAD

On 10/2/2017 at 5:29 PM, Nine Inch Heels said:

Map 31 UVmax in 3:18
dmn31-318.zip

sub 3:00 seems quite possible.

Nice Job! Getting under 3 minutes is impossible , I have tried re-playing the level many times , its realy hard to keep such momentum without dying . In other words getting under 3 minutes requires high risk and high luck 

2 hours ago, A7MAD said:

Nice Job! Getting under 3 minutes is impossible , I have tried re-playing the level many times , its realy hard to keep such momentum without dying . In other words getting under 3 minutes requires high risk and high luck 

I'm not so sure about that yet. Looking at my demo, I played the outdoor section suboptimally in several ways. In hindsight, the redeeming factor of the outdoor section and the way I "performed" is that I have kinda managed to get a decent balance in terms of damage distribution. But there are methodical "errors" to it as well, because moving up to the gate and then moving behind the cybies from there means that the cybies eventually start going for the revs on the ledges instead of firing their rockets at the "mob", which would result in more damage. So the better you can use the cybies, the faster the clear will be. To that you can add the possibility to draw cybie aggro deliberately to keep them from aiming up the ledges among other things.

I've talked to @38_ViTa_38 about the map, and how fast he thinks it be could cleared under good to optmimal TAS conditions. The estimate was somewhere between 2:00 and 2:20 (would take long to do that for sure, but it's possible). So, I'm just not sure if sub 3:00 is humanly impossible or not, but it's maybe worth going for. I'm not bad at doom, but I know for sure there's better players than me who could push towards the 3:00 mark (better than I do). I mean, I still play that map every now and then, and maybe I get that down when things align better, but in general I think getting a better time than I did shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Dimenson Map02 UV-PacifistSpeed in 4:00

dmn02-400.zip

dumb revenant is stupid and dove in front of my pistol shot, just to save his poor skull-switch friend.  I shed a tear for the revenant's honorable display for his fallen friend, who mapper Killer5 cruelly turned into a mounted skull-switch.  But, a job is a job, and he was just making it harder for both of us.

(first exit finish; failed pacifist attempt)

4 hours ago, Jacek Bourne said:

Dimensions Map31 UVMAX in 4:01

dmn31-401.zip

Here's my shitty demo of Dimensions map31. Almost everything went wrong but I survived somehow.

The zip you posted has an error in the demo title .imp not .lmp. Also, I believe non-WR demos go in the personal best thread.

Edited by ScrappyMcDoogerton

Dimensions MAP02

HNTR-Max (Skill 2 Max) in 4:53.23

A little demo to remind people that lower difficulties are a thing. I guess. ;P

This map on HNTR is surprisingly very easy relative to the other difficulties (from what I've seen), albeit still pretty fun - but this run took way longer to get than it should've. The simple platforming kept holding me up.
I'll definitely look into HMP, because the first fight quickly became tedious after failing the platforming segments quite a bit. haha

Fun fact - This successful run was done with an irritating paper cut on my left hand's index finger.

dmns2hnm-453.zip

Edited by Dunn (& Dunn)

43 minutes ago, Maribo said:

MAP31 UV-Speed in 0:42.17

Forgive me, I don't know I found there's a 1:08 between your 49 and 42 being so funny. :rofl:

Map03 UV-Max (Daerik Route) in 14:48

This is a pretty slow time considering I did it in 13:42 with the same general route with saves. But ya know, whatever

dmn03m1448.zip

2 hours ago, KineticBeverage said:

Am I finally done with this wad?

The curse of speedrunning is never being done 🤠

Any idea what's next?