Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loveless

Dimensions demos [-complevel 9]

2 hours ago, Red Recluse said:

Map32 UV-MAX [TAS] in 2:56                                                                                                    dmn32-256.zip

Hey, can you post your TASes to the TAS thread? https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/73574-tas-tool-assisted-demos-part-2/?page=30

Also, please add a txt to your files with basic info about a run. For example:

PWAD: dmnsns.wad
PWAD Name: Dimensions
Map: 32
Skill: 4
Category: UV-Max TAS
Exe: DSDA-Doom #.##.# complevel ##
Recorded on: Date
Time: #:##
Author: Red Recluse
Description:

On 3/10/2022 at 5:09 PM, David Asaad said:

(rip to all the ppl who saw “david asaad posted in a topic dimensions demos”)

oh frig, I'm one of them

👇 @Dunn (& Dunn) I assume you followed the thread, but I didn't... I still know the back and forth between David and Ancalagon, so I was curious what happened :^)

Edited by GarrettChan

12 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

oh frig, I'm one of them

On 3/10/2022 at 6:09 PM, David Asaad said:

Also thats map 31

(rip to all the ppl who saw “david asaad posted in a topic dimensions demos”)

This is what prompted me to view this thread. lol

image.png.4881f78de959416df6d0ec6b866c2200.png

Second time this happened.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2491597

In theory this isn't the worst run in the world, because I "skip" the first fight, hopefully get lucky on the second and finesse it enough, and skip the "third" one.  But, there's always banana peels everywhere like there's a divine hand of Zzul coming down and saying, "No.  This is not how you play the map".  (edit: accidentally pushed out David Asaad's run out of the 'last post' visibility :P)

Edited by NoisyVelvet

34 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Second time this happened.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2491597

In theory this isn't the worst run in the world, because I "skip" the first fight, hopefully get lucky on the second and finesse it enough, and skip the "third" one.  But, there's always banana peels everywhere like there's a divine hand of Zzul coming down and saying, "No.  This is not how you play the map".  (edit: accidentally pushed out David Asaad's run out of the 'last post' visibility :P)

i hate to break it to u but with ssg u can shoot the switches in the teleporter fight without initiating the encounter. Just shoot at the gaps where the switches usually are and you should get it.

17 minutes ago, David Asaad said:

with ssg u can shoot the switches

How many people would have to hypothetically disappear for no one to know about this?...

6 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

I'm sorry.

dmn02p139.zip

U shouldn't be :p  Also, nice. Wow.

I kinda half knew about the vile jump into the red-key lift and was thinking about doing something like that for uv-speed by peppering the viles with ssg, but I also didn't know you could just (linedef skip?) out of the first fight's gate (would've had to thread a different needle), and didn't realize it was feasible to just hyper-jump out of the final fight.

I'm still more disappointed by the second fight being skippable, because I was hoping that was gonna be the main gatekeeper.  That took a lot of the pride out of it for me.

30 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

U shouldn't be :p  Also, nice. Wow.

I kinda half knew about the vile jump into the red-key lift and was thinking about doing something like that for uv-speed by peppering the viles with ssg, but I also didn't know you could just (linedef skip?) out of the first fight's gate (would've had to thread a different needle), and didn't realize it was feasible to just hyper-jump out of the final fight.

I'm still more disappointed by the second fight being skippable, because I was hoping that was gonna be the main gatekeeper.  That took a lot of the pride out of it for me.

I think I just run over the barrier in the first fight before it raises; otherwise, I wouldn't even have enough health for the AVJ. Yeah, I read your txt about the AVJ after doing this, I guess we independently came up with this. I was focused on the multi-AVJ to the exit before this I guess, but then TASing it made me realize it was way more fucked than I anticipated, but I also figured your route was safe-ish for the same reason that I decided you have to SSG the vile for pain stun. Kinda randomly occurred to me that I could just abuse the vile pain stunning itself/killing the imp it was targeting, heh.

I guess personally, I am quite happy the second fight is skippable; without it, incorporating the other tricks (especially the multi-AVJ at the final fight) would be too much for me in pacifist. :D