Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Do you have a favorite personal work?

I still have a soft spot for Operation Hydra after all these years: gameplay-wise it isn't the greatest, but I love the technical stuff I did with it and I accomplished what I set out to do with it pretty well.

Unreleased but, some 99' BOOM Xmas wad by Justin I've been polishing for 4 years so far. The original is playable, but it has some buggy graphics unless you run an EXE file which I could never get to work

Original Xmas wad

Edited by YukiTakashi

I have a soft spot in my Doom heart for Sodding Death (CChest2.wad - Map32). I feel it has the best gameplay out of anything I've released. 

chronological:

doom2 map30 tyson, creating AVJ.WAD, demos for AVJ (especially map32) and Doomiablo

since all of these are so significantly different I do not want to chose only 1

Well, since I've only released one (and a half?) map projects so far, I'd probably go with the DECORATE zombified scientist enemies I made a couple of years ago. They've shown up in a good few projects from other authors and it's alway nice to see a little bit of me in someone else's work (Grezzo 2 doesn't count :P).

11 hours ago, scalliano said:

Well, since I've only released one (and a half?) map projects so far, I'd probably go with the DECORATE zombified scientist enemies I made a couple of years ago. They've shown up in a good few projects from other authors and it's alway nice to see a little bit of me in someone else's work (Grezzo 2 doesn't count :P).

I used your Zombie Scientists and looks like Brutal Doom will be as well.

Speaking of which, did he approach you or going to include you in the credits?

Rush MAP12, The Destination:

Ihiz4dp.jpg

Slaughterfest 3 MAP25, Temple of Judgement:

AKjq8UP.jpg

Slaughterfest 3 MAP26, Dysphoria:

UU4MxEP.jpg

well, out of all I've done for the community, I strangely like the speedmaps I've been doing for NaZa's Eagle Speedmapping sessions a lot! Improved my mapping a shit-ton and keeps me going when I run out of ideas and hit a brick wall. Hopefully when I upload it, my NOVA III work'll take this place, and... whatever lies ahead. 

On 20/09/2017 at 10:10 AM, Chezza said:

I used your Zombie Scientists and looks like Brutal Doom will be as well.

Speaking of which, did he approach you or going to include you in the credits?

They're free for use, so there would be no need to for BD to obtain explicit permission, but I would appreciate credit, purely because I credit everything I use. Then again, it's BD, so I am by no means expecting it ...

On 19/9/2017 at 3:53 AM, chopkinsca said:

I have a soft spot in my Doom heart for Sodding Death (CChest2.wad - Map32). I feel it has the best gameplay out of anything I've released. 

This is a great map one of my favorites aswell :)

Edited by Paul977

XOEb6mB.jpg

Valhalla was a real breakthrough map for me.  I was plagued with a lot of personal problems at the time and this map was a therapeutic process in getting through them. Also,  I had reached a stylistic dead-end with my previous maps. I really kinda carved out what would be my mapping style in this one.  I've made better maps (Warp House), I've made worse (Putrefier), but this will probably never be replaced as my favorite personal work.

I've released hundreds of maps for both deathmatch and single player, I've thrown maps, MIDIs and sprites into the ring for countless community projects, I host a multiplayer cluster that's on all 3 C/S ports (making it the only one!) not to mention provides a great place to host your WADs, helped organize Multiplayer events and tournaments over the years, made/contributed to quite a few weapon/gameplay mods, annoyed Linguica consistently for a few years til he gave in a reopened the Multiplayer Doom section of the forums.. Yet despite all that shit, my best contribution in all these years is a lone midi file!

I have such a small body of work (three releases, plus a very old and forgotten one that's not online) that I don't have much to choose from.  The map I'm working on right now would probably be my second favorite.