Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

What TV Show are you watching?

What TV Series are you currently watching at the moment? Right now I'm watching the Office and King of the Hill, both of which i highly recommend.

Following the latest Rick & Morty series.

I am patiently waiting for Vikings next season.

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Finished watching Madoka Magica yesterday. Plan on getting into Better Call Saul and Attack on Titan fairly soon. 

Have you seen Rebellion yet, or did you stop at the tv ending?

BoJack Horseman. Its really depressing, but there is this beauty in sadness, because you can find that theres only 2 things in life that are above all, sadness and joy. They are not the same, they are enemies, yet, they are so important to us. 

Plus, theres lots of good jokes. 

You can watch shows anywhere now, without commercial interruption. 

Rick and Morty as always, making my way through Mike Judge's (King Of The Hill) Silicon Valley which is amazing and highly recommended. 

Started watching Dragonball 3-4 months ago, about halfway thru DBZ now. Planning to start watching Super once I get to the end of Z. I watch random episodes of cartoons here and there but it's usually just one or two at random, nothing that depends on continuity or anything.

Normally I avoid TV to the point you may have thought I was phobic of it, heh. I've never enjoyed just sitting in one place if I am not creating or experiencing something, hence gaming & modding. (You could argue I 'experience' a TV show, but it's not my experience, if that makes any sense at all?)

However, as of late I'm actually into three different shows! It's an honest effort on my part to spend more time with my Fiancée, since she's not much of a gamer.

Currently I'm watching:

• Rick & Morty
  • Shooter
  • Sword Art Online

All very different shows, all on Netflix. It's honestly some good content - as long as I watch an hour or less a day I don't feel like I'm rotting, heh. :)

4 hours ago, esselfortium said:

Have you seen Rebellion yet, or did you stop at the tv ending?

Just finished watching Rebellion now. I feel emotionally drained to the point of exhaustion and numbness. As spectacular as I think the series is, I also think it should have concluded itself by now. Dragging the story out like this feels at least a little manipulative to me.

Edited by Ajora

Been watching some sci-fi recently: Dark Matter, Travelers and Continuum - all pretty good (or very good). Thanks, Canada. I've even been gradually catching up on Enterprise, which I didn't watch when it first came out, as I felt it would be too great a time sink. Standard and somewhat formulaic Star Trek fodder, but watchable.

Of the Autumn* TV shows (returning or new), I'll be watching Designated Survivor, but maybe not a whole lot else.

* No, can't call it 'Faaall'. I'm not that American yet.

I watch tv only because of Ghost Adventures. I don't care how much is real and how much not. I love this show.

Nothing for chicken...

I haven't watched TV in over 14 years, but I guess if it counts I did watch Dragon Ball Super episode 106 online.

Rewatching Breaking Bad. I completely forgot how epic this series was. I'm getting my girlfriend hooked on it now because you know....two years to kill before the next season of Game of Thrones -_-

Also, could anyone recommend me some good anime to watch? I haven't watched a series in a while. SteinsGate and Psychopass were both phenomenal. I tried out Future Diary and couldn't really get into it. No Boruto's Dad or Cory in the House please.

6 hours ago, Ajora said:

Hide contents

Just finished watching Rebellion now. I feel emotionally drained to the point of exhaustion and numbness. As spectacular as I think the series is, I also think it should have concluded itself by now. Dragging the story out like this feels at least a little manipulative to me.

Madoka Rebellion spoilers:

Spoiler

That's fair. Rebellion is a really intense experience and it's pretty polarizing among fans. Personally, I adore it completely. To me the ending felt like a completely logical continuation of Homura's character throughout the series (trying to save Madoka from herself with no regard to the other costs), and getting to see older-and-wiser Sayaka being awesome positively warmed my heart after all the crap she went through in the series.

in terms of not weeb stuff, with friends we've been watching Babylon 5 and Stargate: SG1 to completion, and I'm enjoying both of them very much. On the side a few of us are also watching King of the Hill here and there, and I'll admit, it took a little bit to get warmed up to that series, but after the first few episodes I've really come to enjoy it.

In terms of weeb stuff, I've been going through Toradora, Haganai, and Konosuba as of late.

What's the motivation behind using the term "weeb" like this? Do you look down on your own preferences?

5 minutes ago, Memfis said:

What's the motivation behind using the term "weeb" like this? Do you look down on your own preferences?

Instead of anime, it's just weeb shit. I like weeb shit, and still call it weeb shit. Just kinda rolls off the tongue better. 

2 hours ago, esselfortium said:

Madoka Rebellion spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

That's fair. Rebellion is a really intense experience and it's pretty polarizing among fans. Personally, I adore it completely. To me the ending felt like a completely logical continuation of Homura's character throughout the series (trying to save Madoka from herself with no regard to the other costs), and getting to see older-and-wiser Sayaka being awesome positively warmed my heart after all the crap she went through in the series.

Turning Homura into a villain felt screwy and completely out of left field. I understand her motivation in wanting to relieve Madoka's duties as the law of cycles and create an idyllic fantasy world for her, but everything about the movie's ending just seemed to undermine Homura's character development and moral compass. I want to love the movie, but its deranged ending seems misguided and cruel. I just hope that the next movie will put this series to bed.

5 hours ago, everennui said:

I'm binging hard on, "The Wire" on Amazon Prime before I cancel my subscription.

Sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiittt

4 hours ago, stru said:

Rewatching Breaking Bad. 

I've watched that whole series like 3 or 4 times

4 hours ago, stru said:

Also, could anyone recommend me some good anime to watch?

Trigun, Paranoia Agent, Space Dandy

4 hours ago, stru said:

Also, could anyone recommend me some good anime to watch? I haven't watched a series in a while. SteinsGate and Psychopass were both phenomenal. I tried out Future Diary and couldn't really get into it. No Boruto's Dad or Cory in the House please.

If you loved Psycho-Pass, you might also love Madoka Magica, which was written by the same person (Gen Urobuchi) and is a total masterpiece IMO. He also worked on the lesser-known series Gargantia, which is also damn good. They each cover some related core concepts, but in vastly different ways.

What else have you enjoyed aside from Steins;Gate and Psycho-Pass? It'd help with giving more diverse recommendations :)

For currently-airing shows, Kakegurui and Princess Principal have been really fun watches. Kakegurui is about high-stakes gambling and is full of crazy faces and over-the-top voice acting, and Princess Principal is about girls doing espionage in a steampunk victorian setting.

@esselfortium Not sure what I'd like. I guess anything that gets me thinking. Super intricate storylines where everything is connected. I'm not a fan of all the waifu ecchi shit, but the ninja thing also got outplayed growing up with DBZ, Naruto, etc.

4 minutes ago, stru said:

@esselfortium Not sure what I'd like. I guess anything that gets me thinking. Super intricate storylines where everything is connected. I'm not a fan of all the waifu ecchi shit, but the ninja thing also got outplayed growing up with DBZ, Naruto, etc.

oh yeah, and Ghost In The Shell series. I've always compared it to like, Law & Order in anime form but obviously way better (I got burnt out on Law & Order after awhile but it was really great even before 2009). Some episodes are "stand alone" (see what I did there har har har) and others do connect to over arching storylines. Definitely worth watching, ESPECIALLY Stand Alone Complex. 

3 minutes ago, stru said:

If you like Psycho-Pass, and you like jigsaw-puzzle storylines where lots of things get gradually pieced together to convey the bigger picture, you definitely want to see Madoka. It's a rich layer cake full of tightly-written surprise twists and turns that add up and make perfect sense in retrospect.

Also: have you seen Mawaru Penguindrum?

28 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

For currently-airing shows, Kakegurui and Princess Principal have been really fun watches. Kakegurui is about high-stakes gambling and is full of crazy faces and over-the-top voice acting, and Princess Principal is about girls doing espionage in a steampunk victorian setting.

I second that for Kakegurui. Really surprised by how good it is. A shame it's only 12 episodes though :/