Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

What TV Show are you watching?

Been watching My Hero Academia season 2, and in addition I started Kakegurui yesterday.

Thankfully I'm still sane enough not to watch anime or something. :]

This Russian show called "Kitchen" about, um, a crew of dudes and gals who work at a restaurant. Quite engaging. Half of each episode is someone lying to everyone and then facing the consequences, while the other half is the characters' surreal fantasies, with each episode ending with a deep morale.

...did you really think frickin' Russians could make a show just like any other one? Totally recommended to everyone.

Also occasionally I watch some of those really silly American comedy shows like Friends and Two And a Half Men that our TV has been repeating every day since, like, when they came out. The main grudge here is that the fake "laughter" is sometimes really overexaggerated and I frequently get pissed off at that. On the other hand, the humour is quite good (but also overexaggerated sometimes), I giggle a lot. Hee-hee.

I'm SUPER new to anime. Before Psychopass, I haven't watched anime since 2006. I've been under a rock for the last 11 years. I'll be checking out Madoka as soon as I could. 

2 hours ago, Memfis said:

What's the motivation behind using the term "weeb" like this? Do you look down on your own preferences?

well I mean I'm not fully convinced anything I like isn't complete and utter trash.

well, except for konosuba. Everyone loves that, so far as I can tell.

27 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

well I mean I'm not fully convinced anything I like isn't complete and utter trash.

well, except for konosuba. Everyone loves that, so far as I can tell.

I don't know that much about your tastes (aside from Toradora and Idolmaster, which are both great), but it can't be healthy to be that down on yourself and the things you like. If you can, it's better to earnestly embrace what holds meaning to you, and not be so inclined to second-guess the validity of your own media preferences.

49 minutes ago, stru said:

I'm SUPER new to anime. Before Psychopass, I haven't watched anime since 2006. I've been under a rock for the last 11 years. I'll be checking out Madoka as soon as I could. 

Awesome. Don't let its initial appearance scare you off, it is definitely a work by the author of Psycho-Pass :)

I plowed through the Walking Dead season 7. Other than that, I'm watching the Mae Young Classic and that's it. Eventually I'll watch Star Trek Discovery.

@esselfortium After the roller coaster of emotions that watching Madoka Magica put me through, I think it's best that the next anime I get into be something very happy, lighthearted, and bereft of any sort of intensity. Possibly something along the lines of Nyanko Days. So far, I'm leaning towards Yuru Yuri as my best option. 

You definitely seem to know your stuff, so I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations. 

42 minutes ago, Ajora said:

@esselfortium After the roller coaster of emotions that watching Madoka Magica put me through, I think it's best that the next anime I get into be something very happy, lighthearted, and bereft of any sort of intensity. Possibly something along the lines of Nyanko Days. So far, I'm leaning towards Yuru Yuri as my best option. 

You definitely seem to know your stuff, so I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations. 

I haven't seen Nyanko Days, but you're definitely on the right track with Yuru Yuri. Its characters are a lot of fun, and the first two seasons are some great madcap comedy.

For other happy and lighthearted stuff:

Non Non Biyori is fantastic. Its mood is the most reminiscent of Azumanga Daioh of all the slice-of-life anime I've seen, especially in terms of its sedate pacing, but I think Non Non Biyori is overall actually quite an improvement over Azumanga.

Hidamari Sketch is really comfy, there's a lot of it (four seasons and some OVAs), and it just gets better and better as it goes on.

I assume you've already seen Nichijou, but if not, get on that one for sure. Absurdist comedy paired with a lot of heart, and tons of spectacular animation.

Rick and Morty And Seinfeld re-runs along with Home improvement re-runs. Three of the best TV shows that's my opinion. 

So there's technically THREE That's So Raven based shows. 

That's So Raven, Corey In The House, and Raven's Home.

and I watched every single one of them. God help me. 

Yuru Yuri is pretty funny, but I could do without the pervy jokes. I never really found any humour in seeing anime characters behaving like lecherous creeps. Master Roshi is a big exception to this, however.