Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raheem

Lets start a Doom Multiplayer League on PS4!

I'm guessing everybody is aware of the success of all the various Doom league's that run on PC. It cant be an impossibility that the same success can be replicated on the PS4 then, with the necessary effort and coordination of everybody that could be involved of course.  If your passionate about Doom then you would see the benefit of bringing equally passionate people together in a competition that will push the skills of everybody involved to achieve. 

What i propose is that we provide a tournament that runs on a consistent basis, the game modes maps and rules can be variable as well. Sign ups will be free of course. A prize pool will be available to winners and runner ups to which i'm more then happy to help contribute personally, and i'm hoping others would to.

At this moment of time, the proposal is obviously brief and arbitrary as it doesn't include specific plans on the tournament process, promotion efforts etc... This is because we have a bigger objective to focus our attention and efforts on first, gathering support. Which brings me to the focus of this post.

I'm calling for anybody interested in helping to organise a league on the PS4 to come together and start one as of now.

I myself have no intention of being the one who leads this project. I have no experience in starting a tournament  or even how the technicalities of how a tournament runs. I'm just passionate about Doom multiplayer on PS4 and anyone else who is. Thats why i would be very appreciative for anybody who has experience (no matter if your not on PS4) to provide advise and perhaps make an active effort to help get one off the ground.

If your in the same boat as me, lets just get together and discuss ideas and plans and act upon them. 

So right now, i just want to get the ball rolling. Please post advice and/or your willingness to participate in organising this. Once we are all confident in the amount of support we have, lets get to launching this off the ground!

I've got my PSN below, and it would be a good idea for anybody who wants to become involved to do so to with your timezone.

Edit:

I have had a good response from the community and we are steadily building a roster. I have a on going group chat going on at PSN messages so that will be the ideal place to come to. So definitely make sure, if your interested, hit my PSN so your in the group chat because all goings on will be on the group chat from now on.

Special thanks to @Sm4cky and the folks over on Doom party finder for giving us a shout out on the DOOM Party finder Twitter.Himself and The Doom Party finder community will be giving us ongoing advice and support which is greatly appreciated :) 

The Doom party finder Discord: https://www.discord.gg/YdPptUw

Sm4acky's Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/sm4cky

PSN: gungrave786

GMT time

Also PM me for any other reasons.

Edited by GreenKat

I`m interested in a DOOM ps4 tournament. I have no tournament organizing experience but I`m more than happy to contribute and participate. 

I added you on PSN. My PSN : tastycannoli 

1 hour ago, royaldj said:

I`m interested in a DOOM ps4 tournament. I have no tournament organizing experience but I`m more than happy to contribute and participate. 

I added you on PSN. My PSN : tastycannoli 

Awesome, ill add you as soon as I am able too. 

I'm just trying to get the word out to people. I've PM'd Sm4cky to see if he can provide us with any support. 

I think right now there doesn't seem to be an organisation of players who are committed to the idea of a doom league. So we've got to get like minded individuals together to form an organisation. What i propose is that if we have good players on our friends lists that play on a regular basis; lets get them involved. To further speed this long, we'll have to scout good players in pub matches and PM them, asking them if they are interested in joining us.

Tomorrow i'll create a group chat and any individuals who we recruit into this project, we will add them on there to keep everyone coordinated.

I would for PC.  NOt going to buy a system for 1 game on a message board I visit twice a week.

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

I would for PC.  NOt going to buy a system for 1 game on a message board I visit twice a week.

On 14/09/2017 at 4:58 AM, Anidrex_1009 said:

PC ? No? Okey then...

Your in luck friend's, there is already an active league system for PC. Visit Doom Party finder Discord (link is provided above), the folks over there will have something going on at least every couple of weeks.

On 9/15/2017 at 4:14 PM, GreenKat said:

Your in luck friend's, there is already an active league system for PC. Visit Doom Party finder Discord (link is provided above), the folks over there will have something going on at least every couple of weeks.

Yup. Looking for active PC players that want to participate in the PC community as well :D