Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDeAD1313

Doom And Wolfenstein 2 are coming to the Nintendo Switch

Doesn't run at 60fps really deflated the excitement I had. The game looking worse than the other consoles didn't matter because you wouldn't notice when the Switch is undocked and you're on the toilet or on a trip, but you would with it running at 30.

I'm not sure what more you expected. The Switch undocked only has its GPU downclocked to 200Mhz. There's only so much you can do with so little.

24 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

I don't understand why Nintendo has been underpowering its consoles lately.

Do you not understand it's a portable console? How long do you want the battery to last? Keeping in mind the battery already takes up one third of the units volume, you then don't have much room left for cooling, which you also especially want to keep down to conserve the battery that's there. And then even if you did increase these things, you have to start increasing the possible size of the unit, as well as the cost of the hardware itself, but one of the key reasons why Nintendo consoles remain competitive is their affordability. There is no way in hell the Switch would be even remotely successful if it cost, say $800.

Your complaint is complete nonsense.

Edited by Edward850

I completely expected 30fps with even a few dips here and there. The fact that I can have this game at work on lunch break alone is awesome. I can deal with lower detail on top as I first played this on an r9 270x and dealt with it then (until I upgraded my pc ;)) All in all I'm happy to see this happening. If the switch is home to its first party games and late to the aaa titles put out on multiple platforms for the sake of being portable, it is what it is. I'm a big fan of Nintendo games and this is basically an added bonus to get these types of higher end games as well imo :)