Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDeAD1313

Doom And Wolfenstein 2 are coming to the Nintendo Switch

It'll still be really cool to have them portable. It would be really nice to have a release of the classics on the switch with the new games :D

Nice to see Nintendo getting some more 3rd party support.

Hopefully this will help ward away the "Nintendo consoles are just for kids" mentality.

26 minutes ago, Piper Maru said:

They're not gonna change the blood to green like on the Doom Gameboy Advance are they?

Literally my first thought when I saw the announcement lol. Imagine that? Haha

They should bundle it with a switch version of Doom3 for making us wait so damn long!

Definitely glad to see Doom on Nintendo. The past few Nintendo generations were sorely lacking good ports of Doom titles.

1 hour ago, Synndra said:

Nice to see Nintendo getting some more 3rd party support.

Hopefully this will help ward away the "Nintendo consoles are just for kids" mentality.

Nintendo drifting away from there usual shenanigans? Are you asking for the impossible?  

29 minutes ago, FantasmeDel'Esprit54 said:

I dont know how I feel about this. Are they going to censor them in any way?

Doubtful, only thing Nintendo seems to censor is sexual (and sometimes religious) related things in the west, violence will be untouched most likely, they even used the words Nazi and showed Swastikas for the Wolfenstein bit. 

Maybe in Japan to some degree though, as the trailer they showed for this was edited in a way so that Doomguy is never really shown killing or even hurting anyone, and I know they tend to edit western games to not be as gory, and not even Nintendo, just general publishers.

I wonder how they're gonna tap 60 in this port. don't care much for Wolfenstein though.

^now now, don't get me wrong. I like Wolfenstein. I mean I just don't care on wolf tapping 60 or not that's all.

I'm honestly surprise by this announcement so good for ID & Bethesda for supporting the Switch more beyond just another Skyrim port.

This trailer is particular amusing, as thanks to Japanese laws forbidding the display of gratuitous violence, we've got a trailer where Doomguy… doesn't do anything. He just stands there and looks at the demons. 

No snap map on the switch version: 

https://www.destructoid.com/doom-on-switch-won-t-have-snapmap-physical-requires-mp-download-460986.phtml

Bummer. 

I'm curious about the size of the game now. I wonder if it'll only be cartridge because the download size would be ridiculous for the digital version, but maybe the exclusion of snapmap will help that issue? And of course I'm mostly curious to see how it looks/plays on the Switch. This is gonna be interesting 

Edited by MrDeAD1313

2 hours ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

No snap map on the switch version

Damn shame since Snapmap is the best part of Doom 2016 despite the editors limitations & would honestly prefer it over the the meh multiplayer.

Of the three pillars Campaign, Snapmap, and Multiplayer, Multi was definitely the weakest. Snapmap has issues but at least it has some coop related content, that'll be missed, but with how Nintendo has regulations about online stuff and with how much bigger the file size would be, it's probably for the best Snapmap wasn't included.

I can bet this is happening thanks to Switch supporting Vulkan. Doom 2016 performs better with Vulkan than OpenGL on GPUs that support it.

why

why would anybody want doom 4 to be portable

literally why

why not classic doom or something worthwhile

this is so bizarre

Because Doom 4 is good

The originals are also good

There's no reason to think people want Doom 4 and NOT the originals on Switch as well. It's not like you are only allowed to want one instead of the others.

Because.

Because people want to rip and tear.

Ripping and tearing.

Why wouldn't you to be ripping and tearing to be portable.

Rip and tear until it is done.

34 minutes ago, Piper Maru said:

Because.

Because people want to rip and tear.

Ripping and tearing.

Why wouldn't you to be ripping and tearing to be portable.

Rip and tear until it is done.

Rip and tear 24/7, everyday of the week

5 hours ago, bonnie said:

why

why would anybody want doom 4 to be portable

literally why

why not classic doom or something worthwhile

this is so bizarre

tAgBSSo.jpg