Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PeterMoro

GZDoom Builder Texture Offsets Reset not working

Question

Hi folks, so I'm making a Doom II style map in GZDoom builder and the map is configured as GZdoom:Doom2(UDMF)

I'm in visual mode and I go to reset a selected wall texture by pressing Shift+R, as you do, but the texture does not reset or even move at all. The notification in the bottom left says 'texture offsets reset' but nothing has changed at all. It works fine in Doombuilder2 but i much prefer to use GZDoombuilder for map building; its just this little glitch is driving me up the wall! LOL

Anybody know the solution to this?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Ke-Sula said:

Hi folks, so I'm making a Doom II style map in GZDoom builder and the map is configured as GZdoom:Doom2(UDMF)

I'm in visual mode and I go to reset a selected wall texture by pressing Shift+R, as you do, but the texture does not reset or even move at all. The notification in the bottom left says 'texture offsets reset' but nothing has changed at all. It works fine in Doombuilder2 but i much prefer to use GZDoombuilder for map building; its just this little glitch is driving me up the wall! LOL

Anybody know the solution to this?

Thanks.

I ran into that issue before also and I just restarted my computer and it went away.  Maybe try that?

Use the "Reset Local Texture Offsets (UDMF)" action. Default hotkey is Ctrl-Shift-R.

[edit]

To clarify: there's a global linedef offset, and individual offsets of upper, middle, and lower textures. Shift-R resets the global offset, Ctrl-Shift-R the individual one. When you change the offsets in visual mode it always changes the individual ones.

Edited by boris

Thanks for both posts guys, i appreciate it.

I can confirm that boris is right and the solution was Ctrl-Shift-R. Yeeesss ! So glad to have it working, I'm smilin' all day. Thanks. 

GZDoom Builder had me confused because this command isn't listed in the Controls / Shortcuts list. God knows what other controls are available that aren't listed. LOL