Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UglyStru

Your favorite colors in WADs?

Hmm, probably purple-gold, different lighter blues and dark greys, blacks and browns mixed with high contrast neon colors, but a lot depends on interesting and varied geometry.

Vibrant/saturated colours in general, as seen in earlier levels in TNT, which I feel have a more saturated and vibrant look than other Doom levels.

Teal for sure. The use of teal in Eviternity really made a strong impression on me! Blue in general always activates the pleasure sensors as well.

I rarely ever see burgundy be used in doom maps and I wish it was used more in mapping.

6 hours ago, Catpho said:

@Maribo That looks really cool. A WIP of yours?

Sadly not, though I did turn down a guest map in it because of time issues & lack of ideas at the time. All images are from Petya's Sepia.

Not sure if it's been said before on this thread (probably has), but I just gotta say I always love the red/green texture clash, like a blood river in a room full of green marble for example.  It goes well with the baphomet pentagram walls, and they say that red and green is the most uncomfortable color combination - they never mix into a nice color, and that's the reason why Freddy Kruger's sweater was red and green striped, why the Joker's color scheme is red/green etc...