Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kid Airbag

NO STRIKE!

I'm not even going to say anything about sports...I'm glad they're not striking so you can enjoy the games!

I wonder if you could engineer a strike like this to profit from the public attention...

fodders said:

Rounders is such a better game :)

Come on now fods, I don't talk shit on the premiership :P

Although that is probably because I really enjoy the Premiership, too =)

bigbadgangsta said:

I'm glad they're not striking so you can enjoy the games!

Heh I went to all three of the Pirates games on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday because I was positive they'd strike and I wouldn't be able to see any until god knows when.

I'm glad I went anyway, though, all three of those games were very good games and we even won two of them, against two of the best pitchers in the league no less =)

Bah, I was hoping they would go on strike so there would be an excuse as to why the Red Sox failed to make it to the world series, once again. They're 8 games behind the yankees right now, iirc. Fucking New York.

bigbadgangsta said:

I'm not even going to say anything about sports...I'm glad they're not striking so you can enjoy the games!

I'm glad they aren't striking because they don't really deserve the money they're already getting. So there.

gatewatcher said:

Bah, I was hoping they would go on strike so there would be an excuse as to why the Red Sox failed to make it to the world series, once again. They're 8 games behind the yankees right now, iirc. Fucking New York.

Yeah, I can't fucking stand the Yankees and their legion of bandwagon followers. I can't wait until revenue sharing totally breaks them. Which probably won't happen, but I can dream. Or else Steinbrenner can die and someone else can take over who isn't as willing to spend money as George.

Archvile64 said:

Come on now fods, I don't talk shit on the premiership :P

A game with a few rugged baseball stars, unshaven hitting a ball with a stick, or a game with nubile 16 year olds in short skirts hitting a ball with a stick? mmmmm I vote rounders. :P

fodders said:

http://images.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlight/_photos/2001-07-31-bagwell-tobacco.jpg

Heh, Jeff Bagwell has the greatest batting stance. He looks like he's taking a shit.

Archvile64 said:

NO
Why no?
I frankly couldn't a care less about baseball. Most sports of any kind, besides basketball, just bore me.

I'm glad there is no strike, cuz that means I still have a job. still in all, baseball is the game I love and I'm glad the players and owners came to a deal. too bad the mets aint gonna go into post season play.

DooMBoy said:

Most sports of any kind, besides basketball, just bore me.

Yeh I agree netball is good.

DooMBoy said:

NO
Why no?
I frankly couldn't a care less about baseball. Most sports of any kind, besides basketball, just bore me.

Then don't fucking post if you don't care about it!

This is why every single sports-related post I make gets sent to post hell. The few people that care and/or are knowledgeable post rationally, and everyone else comes in and goes OMG SPORTS SUX0R BAESBAL SUX0RZ

pilottobombadier said:

I like the Canadian response to what would have been a strike; It'd just make more room on the airwaves for hockey games.

Heh, teh Canadians are teh r0x0r.

My favourite American sport league ranking
NBA>MLB>NFL>NHL
i never watch MLS.Other Football league like Premiere league,Calcio series A,J league is quite interesting to watch.

Dark-tenshi said:

My favourite American sport league ranking
NBA>MLB>NFL>NHL
i never watch MLS.Other Football league like Premiere league,Calcio series A,J league is quite interesting to watch.

Yeah, I really like the premiership too.

Baseball has like a thousand different interesting things that can happen during a game. It's incredibly chock-full-of-stuff, in more ways than many. All other sports fade in comparison.

The Simpsons said:

Announcer: ...the windup and a 2-2 pitch. Oh, no, wait a minute, the batter is calling for time. Looks like he's going to get himself a new bat. And now there's a beach ball on the field, and the balls boys are discussing which one of them's going to go get it.
Homer: [only one not drinking] I never realized how boring this game is.