Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeyItsDuke

The Lost Levels Phase 1 Version 1.0.2b RELEASED!

Hey! V0idH0und here with a new mod and blah blah blah... get it here: http://www.moddb.com/games/freedoom/addons/the-lost-levels-phase-1

Title                   : The Lost Levels Phase 1
Filename                : The_Lost_Levels_Phase_1_1.0.2b.wad
Author                  : V0idH0und
Misc. Author Info       : I'm a person
Description             : Hey! V0idH0und here with a cool new mod for you,
                         The Lost Levels (Phase 1) includes all levels that were removed
                         from FreeDoom in the past, all levels were extracted from those old
                         versions and are not edited in any way except if the edit was needed
                         to make the map playable, The mod shows up as a new episode
                         on the episode selection screen, all levels include their original music
                         and sky boxes, if I forgot a level, or if a level has incorrect music or
                         an incorrect sky box, tell me in the comments below! and Thank you so much
                         for looking at this mod!

Installation            : Load this mod as you normally would load
                          any .wad it has it's own custom episode number so it should not conflict with
                          any mods that add new episodes.    

Additional Credits to   :The Freedoom Project and its contributors,
                         They are the ones who made the music and textures and levels, all I did was extract
                         them so you could use them with newer versions.

Id Software for making the games Doom and DoomII.

Spectra on Doomworld for all of the fixes in Version 1.0.2b                          
================================================================

* Play Information *

Episode and Level #     : New Episode and 5 Levels
Single Player           : Yes
Cooperative 2-4 Player  : Yes
Deathmatch 2-4 Player   : Yes
Difficulty Settings     : Yes
New Sounds              : No
New Graphics            : Sky Boxes
New Music               : Only for the levels included in this mod
Demos Replaced          : None

* Construction *

Date:            : 9/12/2017
Completion Time        : 1 week (testing and bug fixes 1 week)
Editor(s) used          : Slade 3        
Known Bugs              : None so far

* Copyright / Permissions *

Copyright © 2001-2017
Contributors to the Freedoom project.  All rights reserved.

Get Freedoom here: https://freedoom.github.io/download.html

Please see Freedoom's COPYING.txt and CREDITS.txt included with the mod for more info on the Freedoom project and it's Contributors,
also please do not distribute this without my permission, and if I do give you permission, you must include the README.txt file completely unedited, and credit me, as well
and include the FreeDoom .txt files CREDITS and COPYING.

* Where to find The Lost Levels Phase 1 *

ModDB

Questions?  Feel free to ask me in the comments down below!

Changelog:

9/16/2017: Updated to version 1.0.2b: Credit to Spectra on Doomworld for these fixes: Fixed the music, because it was not updated, Changed the "Land of the Lost" music from 0.9 to the 0.10.1 version, Added the old 0.9 music to the intermission, but only for this episode.

9/16/2017: Updated to version 1.0.2: Added the old E1M8 Level as TLL2, and fixed incorrect skyboxes for some levels.

9/16/2017: Re-uploaded addon after I uploaded the wrong folder... heh heh... sorry...

9/16/2017: Edited the README Slightly.

9/13/2017: Updated to version 1.0.1: added an exit switch to level 4 so you can properly complete the episode.

9/12/2017: First Release: 1.0

Edited by V0idH0und : Updated mod

9 minutes ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Dude, your download is an 8K zip with three text files in it. There's no wad.

I'm so sorry! I uploaded the wrong folder... I fixed it, try downloading it again :)

You skipped the old E1M8 level from 0.8.

Proper skies for the maps:

TLL2 E3 sky instead of E1 sky.

TLL3 This instead of E2 sky.

TLL4 The linked sky instead of E3 sky.

Do you plan to do this with the old Phase 2 maps?

6 hours ago, Spectra said:

Thanks for letting me know about the level and the sky boxes, I'll add that level in very soon! and yes! once this mod is close to complete I plan on doing a Lost Levels Phase 2.

Edited by V0idH0und

6 hours ago, Spectra said:

Is this the level I missed?

Screenshot_Doom_20170916_114826.png

1 hour ago, Spectra said:

Yes.

It's already in the test version of the mod, I just have to test the levels and make sure they have the correct sky boxes, and then the download will be updated. :)

Edited by V0idH0und

1 hour ago, V0idH0und said:

Download has been updated, mod now in version 1.0.2 and ready to rock.

Now updated to version 1.0.2b, Credit to Spectra for the fixes in that update, I hope I'm not updating too fast, this is my first released mod and I'm very committed to completing it.

23 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

When you updated the OP, you deleted the download link.

Dude, slow down. Take a breath. It'll all work out.

now that I got the basics done, I can slow down and only update it every now and then, I'm going so fast because I have a huge amount of stuff I made and never uploaded, and I'm the type of person where if I want to share something with the community, I do it as soon as I can, a big reason why I made this mod is because those maps where made by people who worked hard to make something cool, and I think the maps deserve a little more attention then what they got. :) 

Edited by V0idH0und

21 minutes ago, BloodRage said:

pretty good, liked the idea of putting phase 1's old levels into a episode, keep up the good work.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. :)

The next update might be in a week or 2, Nothing big, also does anyone know who created these lost levels and contributed them to the Freedoom project? I would like to credit them individually instead of just having "The Freedoom Project and its contributors" in the credits.

Hey everyone! I was looking through my files on my PC, and I found almost EVERY SINGLE VERSION OF FREEDOOM EVER RELEASED! do you know what this means? I can include almost every level ever removed from the game in The Lost Levels mod! this has now became a big project, and it will take a good while before it's finished, but I can tell you this, the next update (which I have no release date for) will be HUGE! I hope you will be here for the long haul, because it will be worth it!

Are most of those truly worth looking at though? some maps were swapped out because they weren't great.

I wonder if there's an interest in arranging an episode of old maps and trying to re-do them from scratch instead.

1 hour ago, YukiHerz said:

Are most of those truly worth looking at though? some maps were swapped out because they weren't great.

I wonder if there's an interest in arranging an episode of old maps and trying to re-do them from scratch instead.

@YukiHerz any maps that weren't that great I'm improving, I have big plans for the old E4M2 in the mod... :) but any that are complete garbage I'm just going to not include, the point of this mod is to not only include the old (Good) maps, but also improve any that need it (including maps that have potential to be great with a little modification).

Edited by V0idH0und

I need to halt progress on the mod for a little bit, I just found out someone in my family has cancer, I have lost so many people I love to cancer, I'm sorry.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. No need to apologise there; real life takes clearly takes precedence.

If I have one suggestion to make about this mod, though, it is that this thread should be moved to the Freedoom forum. 

Maybe a moderator can take care of that in your absence.

2 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. No need to apologise there; real life takes clearly takes precedence.

If I have one suggestion to make about this mod, though, it is that this thread should be moved to the Freedoom forum. 

Maybe a moderator can take care of that in your absence.

That sounds good, I'll contact a moderator or admin about that, and thanks, :) I'll still be on sometimes, but a lot is happening and I won't be on a lot.

So sorry to hear about this. Take care of yourself and do what you need for your family.

I'll definitely be giving this a download as-is, at the very least; I played through the previous Phase 1 release and really enjoyed it, and was worried when I heard some maps were getting dropped/replaced. This is a worthwhile project, for sure.

On 9/21/2017 at 0:48 PM, Salt-Man Z said:

So sorry to hear about this. Take care of yourself and do what you need for your family.

I'll definitely be giving this a download as-is, at the very least; I played through the previous Phase 1 release and really enjoyed it, and was worried when I heard some maps were getting dropped/replaced. This is a worthwhile project, for sure.

Thank you, and after a while, once everything calms down a bit, I will be working on it again, I also have plans for phase 2... :) but that will be after everything that's going on right now calms down. (Hopefully everything will work out)