Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Poormetheus

"Could not find script lump . . . "

I have a .wad file that has been working just fine - addition of custom monsters, weapons, etc. Until RECENTLY! I added one more custom monster, included it in DECORATE:

#include "BM_NITEM"

And the .txt file is called BM_NITEM.

The game WILL NOT start at all, saying it cannot locate BM_NITEM, even if it's right there, and following the same logic as every single other thing in the .wad. If I delete its includion, my .wad runs perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS I am using SLADE (latest version), ZDL to launch everything, and Gzdoom.

What's the lump order of the contents of your WAD?
What about the BM_NITEM file? Have you checked the syntax is correct?
How many #includes did you use?

Firstly, double check for typos in the name of either the BM_NITEM lump or the text on the #include line in DECORATE.

12 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

it's right there, and following the same logic as every single other thing in the .wad

Post a screenshot of the lump list in SLADE3 showing the BM_NITEM lump's placement among other lumps.

[RESOLVED]

Thanks for your replies, guys. It is very strange, but I basically created a new entry in my file on SLADE, copied the contents of BM_NITEM into it, named it BM_TEST and included it in the decorate file. And viola! It worked . . .

It was very strange - I don't fully understand the logic behind why it now works. Perhaps the original file was corrupt in some way? My syntax was perfect and I didn't misspell anything. Anyway, thanks again for your support.