Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MajorRawne

Did anyone ever get Final Liberation working on modern Windows?

Here's one that should bring out a few tears of joy-tinged rage. Anyone remember Final Liberation? It was basically Epic Space Marine on a computer. Yes, the skirmish mode was impossibly stacked against Orks (unless they brought nothing but Pulsa Rokkits and Kannon Speedstas). Yes, the same piece of music playing over and over was enough to warrant Exterminatus. And yes, we all had that friend who, when down to his last Titan or Gargant, just kept running away until you ragequit in tears. But it was something of a cult classic and it was amazing fun to play (for the Imperials).

Was it ever updated to run on anything other than Windows XP? Are there any mods or patches? It seems to be the game that people remember with affection, but have left in the past.

I thought the version on GOG wasn't working with Windows 10? And my machine is 64 bit only (I think). Modern "progress", we are all buying things that limit what we can do and we're paying through the nose for it.

1 hour ago, Red said:

I think this doesn't work with 64bit machines though, at least last time I checked it didn't.

Wasn't sure.

1 hour ago, MajorRawne said:

I thought the version on GOG wasn't working with Windows 10? And my machine is 64 bit only (I think). Modern "progress", we are all buying things that limit what we can do and we're paying through the nose for it.

Old technology becoming deprecated is going to have some obvious side effects.

1 hour ago, MajorRawne said:

And my machine is 64 bit only (I think).

wut

No it isn't. 64bit Windows can run 32bit programs, no matter what system you have.

Fun game. Then I played it on GoG. Not so much anymore.

Like Syndicate Wars 2 - it's best left to my memories.

I would looove a remake of Final Liberation, including multiple factions.