Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ununsnack

Scariest Doom monster?

the archvile. the first time I saw it in map 11, circle of destruction, I freaked out and was instantly killed. then again I had never seen one before, and the way they hide him....oh man.

VileSlay said:

the archvile. the first time I saw it in map 11, circle of destruction, I freaked out and was instantly killed. then again I had never seen one before, and the way they hide him....oh man.

Same here. IIRC, I went all the way back to a savegame I had in map 9 and made sure to collect the BFG just to deal with that Arch-Vile.

Baron of Hell, big heavily-muscled badarse. That bellow of his scared the crap out of the first time I heard it.

Cacodemon seemed as the scariest demon of all when I first saw the title screen of Shareware version, I was guessing it was the boss of the whole game.

Later I realized there were more scarier monsters behind the truth .......

Today, I think it's the revenant. Bloody wakeup sound almost makes headphones crack, and throws me off the chair :)

dsm said:

The footsteps of the Cyberdemon.

That is really scary everytime i meet one and hear it's footsteps comming closer. Then i just freak out shooting everywhere :(

Edit: But something that also scares me is in DOOM64 when you are comming nearer a Baron of hell or a Hell Knight and hear it actual breathe..

999cop said:

Cacodemon seemed as the scariest demon of all when I first saw the title screen of Shareware version, I was guessing it was the boss of the whole game.

Later I realized there were more scarier monsters behind the truth .......

Heh...I just remembered there being a caco there...

I'm shit scared of all of them. Oh and all you guys saying none of them scare you. Shut the fuck up and stop trying to be tough we all know your just speccy, virgin, computer nerds, with bad haircuts and acne. Personally I'm shit scared of all of them.

The Big Robb said:

I'm shit scared of all of them. Oh and all you guys saying none of them scare you. Shut the fuck up and stop trying to be tough we all know your just speccy, virgin, computer nerds, with bad haircuts and acne. Personally I'm shit scared of all of them.

WTF, if we were posting shit about saying which mmonster is scarey, then why the fuk would we be posting.

And wtf is that ahout computer nerd with acne etc etc.. thats like so fuked up. I have met about 6 computer freinds and there not what you explained.

The Big Robb said:

You're just asking for it...quit being an idiot. Personally, I'm certainly not what you described. Not everyone that knows how to use a computer wears glasses and lacks a social life.

K, The big Robb, thats bullshit if u think that everyone that uses a computer is that bullcrap stereotypical type of a person, just by playing a game doesnt make u a "Computer nerd" or nowhere near that, Besides, It doesnt take half a brain to run a computer, startup and play a game...and if ur mind is still mistaken with the Bullcrap u said earlier, then u got issues beyond professional help...commit urself.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Any creature that suddenly pops up right in your face....

(also, revenants have a piercing scream so that makes them a contender)

Same here! Turn around and BOO! Aieeee!!

damn revenants

i would also say revenants. its not the scream, its simply the thought of his rockets that make me bite my lips.

Also, Barons were really scary the first time i saw them (e1m8). i was like 10 then, but im sure that would make anybody jump.

BTW, doom (or any fps for that matter) isn't really scary. If you want fright, play Silent Hill! it scared the hell out of me.

The Arch-vile freaks me out when I see him. I just hate his fire attack.

The Cyberdemon the first time I play DOOM...
Because it's the first new monster in comparision
of the sharware version.
I was at the opposite corner and was surprised by
that hudge shape far away, before taking 3 missiles in my ass...
(I was playing without sound)

Maybe Lost Souls 'cause they are silent till they spooke you...

play Silent Hill! it scared the hell out of me.

Yes ! Silent Hill 1&2 are really insane and disturbing !

Arch-vile, because it makes me want to scream "Oh my GAWD! NOT AGAIN!", the Pain Elemental and its Lost Souls, since they're such a nuisance, and the Cyberdemon when it's alert of my presence and out of sight (I dread the "ka-PLUNK ka-PLUNK" sound).

The Cacodemon, I find, is more of a "God damn, motherfucker!" type of enemy than it is a "Holy shit!" type. Of course, it is not to be confused with the Arch Vile which is, of course, a "My colostomy bag is leaking and now I'm too embarrased to stand up!" type.

Grazza said:

They can all still be scary if they pop up unexpectedly in an awkward place and pose a real threat to your life, especially if you're not playing with the security of a recent savegame.

The monster that took me longest to get used to was the Class II Imp in STRAIN. One of my first enounters with them freaked me out so much that I broke some keys on my keyboard in the panic to escape.

I agree...sometimes...

If it is a former human, i just blow its ass away..but if it is a pain elemental..well....

Also...I really don't get scared i get more of a rush...

NO demon scared me, they were far too cartoonish, however i do admit
i was taken aback by quake 1's ogre, the sound of its chainsaw sliding against the asphalt, for a bit that used to get me alert..but no demon in doom 1 as such....
archville looked cool not scary

doomedout said:

NO demon scared me, they were far too cartoonish, however i do admit
i was taken aback by quake 1's ogre, the sound of its chainsaw sliding against the asphalt, for a bit that used to get me alert..but no demon in doom 1 as such....
archville looked cool not scary

The Quake enemies sucked on fat hairy balls. Quake was more brown than a pile of turds.

Fredrik said:

Quake's enemies are well designed, but less scary than DOOM's enemies if you ask me.

I agree. The early models didn't have enough details, tho. (figures)

Shaviro said:

I agree. The early models didn't have enough details, tho. (figures)

Impressions are what really matters.

bigbadgangsta said:

The Quake enemies sucked on fat hairy balls. Quake was more brown than a pile of turds.

Well, you have to admit the Fiend was scary. And as for Quake II, I was unimpressed overall with the monsters but the Makron with his akimbo BFGs was pretty tough. :)

You must be kidding! I figured out a strategy to beat Makron when I first encountered him. Quake 2's BFG is the weak compares to Doom's!