Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ununsnack

Scariest Doom monster?

come home from work, start playing doom at 11pm, play till 3 in the morning, then switch to d64 and wait till the first time u hit a switch and a baron of hell is right in front of u... if his scream doesn't make u jump at that point ur probly dead

Lutarez said:

Archvile. High damage taken after every attack, unlimited attack range, high pain tolerance, resurrects others, 'nuff said.

Yeah call me chicken but Archviles still scare me, even after defeating like 25 in one level..what's that one on TNT...or is it plutonia? but they are the most irritating if you can't put em down quick.

Lutarez said:

Archvile. High damage taken after every attack, unlimited attack range, high pain tolerance, resurrects others, 'nuff said.

Yeah call me chicken but Archviles still scare me, even after defeating like 25 in one level..what's that one on TNT...or is it plutonia? but they are the most irritating if you can't put em down quick.

As far as scary looking, well the Mancubus is just plain ugly but the ...wait a min they're all just ugly...but yeah back in E1 days they were all scary.

I think we're all scared were gonna die soon, or startled by those flames consuming us or that rocket blast to the back of you head..yeah those are scary, not so much the monsters...

Maybe that Cyberdemon stomp though cause you can't always tell where he is, until your lying on the floor in chunks.

I think it depends on when we played the game, or which one. The first one I played was Ultimate Doom, and those Barons on level 1-8 scared the heck out of me. On UD, you don't have a Double Barrel Shotgun, and that star-shaped room isn't all that great for fighting two Barons with a shotgun and a chaingun. I died lots of times and was afraid of Barons for a while after that.
The next thing was the Cyberdemon. When I first saw him I went "WOAH! THAT'S BIG!" and then promptly blew up. It took me a week to kill him. =P I did a figure 8 around the pillars and shot at him. Then I learned how to strafe (like a year later) and nowdays I can fight a Cyberdemon by standing about 20 paces back and strafing around his missles.
The only monsters that STILL scare me are Arch-Viles and Revnants. Arch-Viles are fast and revive things. Gah, I hate it when they revive things like Mancubi for you to kill over again. Revenants have heat-seeking missles. I hate both monsters because you can't just strafe away from the attack, you actually have to run away and hide behind something.