• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
e-Doctor

Ultimate Doom 32X port Episode 3&4

All Ultimate Doom Patches Can now be downloaded from Romhacking.net

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5446/

NEW:

Added Full Ultimate Doom in one Rom (except last secret level, cant fit 4mb rom). Level Select Expanded until level 65. Game start at level 31 (level 3 is just short level just to prevent game to crash at startup), level 1-30 are empty. So level 31 is 1 level, 45 is 15 .....

Why start at level 31? because there is not limitation like level 15 game ends etc. Now secrets exits are normal exits and secrets levels are just the next level. So you start at level 31 and finish level 65 - then crash,no map 66 (35 levels unstoppable).

V1.01 Changes: added switch at level 39 (level 9) as killing barons of hell wall wont goes away to finish level

V1.02 Changes: Fix possible crashes at level 59 and 62 due to overload, Fix level 54 can now access secret exit 

V1.03 Changes: Fix compatibility problems with original hardware.

Download V1.03 From

Ultimate Doom Full 32X V1.03.32x

Ultimate Doom Full 32X V1.03.32x

Enjoy possibly the best maps port on retro consoles ever.

Hi everyone.

After some hours work I Finally port also Ultimate Doom episodes 3 & 4 on 32x with minimum removals as promise before. All Maps are as original PC Doom.

Map06 is E3M3 and Map03 E3M6 (change position just when you access secret level from map03 and finish it you will direct to map04 by 32x doom engine)

Map 24 is the first secret level (episode 3) and Map 16 the second secret level (episode 4 - need to access it from menu).

Map 17 to 22 are just short levels with instance exit just not to left empty maps.

Generally almost all episode 4 was very painful port. Due to 32x limitation (not only map size, also has limitation at half walls-freeze 32x- and does not support fast functions like opening door fast and not support switch with key) needed to replace fast functions and modify maps to run. Some maps may has slowdowns.

You can Download Rom from (Updated V1.01)

Ultimate Doom 3&4  V1.01.32x

Ultimate Doom 3&4 NTSC V1.01.32x

Episode 1&2 rom can be found in my post

Doom II Port

Testers are welcome, also works with everdrive at original hardware.

If you find bugs just report it.

Enjoy.

If someone want to port any other doom maps and need help I can give his some modified files to auto replace floors and walls depend on 32x engine.

Maps Comparison between my maps,ultimate doom and some maps from 32x doom 24 levels hack see photos below.

Map 16 and 17 from 32x 24 levels hack not available in ultimate doom.

17&16 doom32x 24levels hack.jpg

map01.jpg

map02.jpg

map03.jpg

map04.jpg

map05.jpg

map06.jpg

map07.jpg

map08.jpg

map09.jpg

map10.jpg

map11.jpg

map12.jpg

map13.jpg

map14.jpg

map15.jpg

map16.jpg

map23.jpg

map24.jpg

Edited by e-Doctor : added romhacking links

Your download link is basically to a malware site; it tries to pose as a Microsoft IE or Edge error message and then tries to get you to disable your adblocker.

Out of curiosity, why make content for the 32x port?

I was under the impression that it was one of the worst ports out there.

Edited by JohnnyTheWolf

36 minutes ago, Quasar said:

Your download link is basically to a malware site; it tries to pose as a Microsoft IE or Edge error message and then tries to get you to disable your adblocker.

I've replaced the original link with the (real) MediaFire link.

@e-Doctor - please don't link to kimechanic.com, "adf.ly", or any similar garbage/malware sites in future. That kind of stuff is not appreciated here.

2 hours ago, fraggle said:

I've replaced the original link with the (real) MediaFire link.

@e-Doctor - please don't link to kimechanic.com, "adf.ly", or any similar garbage/malware sites in future. That kind of stuff is not appreciated here.

Ok no problem, sorry, just want to make link shorter.

58 minutes ago, e-Doctor said:

Ok no problem, sorry, just want to make link shorter.

Please never do that. Short links are not better, it's just propaganda to get people to spread malware and link to those horrendous ad sites.

NEW:

Added Full Ultimate Doom in one Rom (except last secret level, cant fit 4mb rom). Level Select Expanded until level 59. Game start at level 25 (level 3 is just short level just to prevent game to crash at startup), level 1-24 are empty. 

Find Download Link at first post.

As guy who ported PC maps into GBA Doom 1 - I'm really impressed.

Nice job, you did it great. Any plans to work with 32X in future, or with any other console Doom games?

On 10/31/2017 at 3:28 PM, DeXiaZ said:

As guy who ported PC maps into GBA Doom 1 - I'm really impressed.

Nice job, you did it great. Any plans to work with 32X in future, or with any other console Doom games?

I'm planning port doom2 also for 32x in the next months.

I didnt know there was a pc port for GBA, hope it was easier than 32x (gba engine think can accept more things than 32x and has more memory for bigger maps).

Huh, I didn't realise you could add more maps to the 32X Doom and make it work. I'll have to try this out!

10 hours ago, Wiw said:

Huh, I didn't realise you could add more maps to the 32X Doom and make it work. I'll have to try this out!

Check it freely, there are 3 versions of roms, 1st with episode 1&2, 2nd with episode 3&4 and 3rd with both episodes (missing last secret level episodes 4)

14 hours ago, e-Doctor said:

I'm planning port doom2 also for 32x in the next months.

I didnt know there was a pc port for GBA, hope it was easier than 32x (gba engine think can accept more things than 32x and has more memory for bigger maps).

Not really easy. Such maps as PC E4M2 can be runned in GBA Doom, but with 2-3 FPS. Too many things I've cutted away to get good or "average" performanse.

Now I'm thinking about hacking PSX Doom, but I didn't get so far.

Anyway, looking forward for your Doom II 32x.

1 hour ago, DeXiaZ said:

Not really easy. Such maps as PC E4M2 can be runned in GBA Doom, but with 2-3 FPS. Too many things I've cutted away to get good or "average" performanse.

On 32x it get stuck before beginning. I added walls to make it run (no removals) , if you want to check my map version to gba i can send you the map.

Thank you, but it was a long time ago for updating my GBA project. But I'll be grateful for a link when I'll start to work with PSX Doom (if I'll start).

On 11/2/2017 at 0:41 PM, DeXiaZ said:

DOOM II port DONE

Check my post