Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

300 minutes of /vr/ demos [-complevel 2]

Recommended Posts

Map14 UV Max/Reality

3m14y142.zip

 

Well, I pick this map because it's short and sweet, and my one of my favorite Castlevania themes. Also, the map design fits Castlevania: Bloodlines stage 2, which has the same music.

 

---------------------------------------

 

Map14 UV Max

3m14-123.zip

 

One more for fun.

Edited by GarrettChan

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

This contains the text file but not the demo.

Thanks for telling me

Share this post


Link to post

I watched all demos.

 

3m14y142 - always fun to see reality tactics. Nice aggression with hitscanners. I've noticed that sometimes you're being kinda lazy and not straferunning (like in the secret area, or when you're going around the building), but I know it's a tough habit to break.

3m14-123 - I like how it looks like you don't even notice the crusher pressuring you. :)

3001-258 - you didn't use the barrels in the brown brick room! And I was so looking forward to some explosions when I saw them... Maybe instead of "30" use "3m" like everyone else?

3002-157 - really liked the surprise spectre at 29 sec. :)

3m18-151 - very cool idea with rushing to get the rockets and using imps to hold the doors for you, maybe the best demo so far.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Memfis said:

very cool idea with rushing to get the rockets and using imps to hold the doors for you

Agreed, wish I'd thought of it.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Memfis said:

3m14y142 - always fun to see reality tactics. Nice aggression with hitscanners. I've noticed that sometimes you're being kinda lazy and not straferunning (like in the secret area, or when you're going around the building), but I know it's a tough habit to break.

3m14-123 - I like how it looks like you don't even notice the crusher pressuring you. :)

Well, for the Reality run, there are a lot of improvements there, so that 0.5 sec lost doesn't really matter I guess. Where is the crusher...? I don't actually know. Are you talking about the one with the Armor?

Share this post


Link to post

Map08 UV Max/Reality

3m08y702.zip

 

Can't leave a week totally blank ;P  I mis-pressed space at the end, so I pretty much skip everything. Overall, it's a very enjoyable level. Some hitscanner placements are sort of tricky.

Share this post


Link to post

Map01 UV Max

3m01-229.zip

 

Can't slack off, must run something this week. I got some 2:40 passes and I couldn't hold myself to play this fun map again, so this happened. I got another run with 4 rockets killing 2 Hell Knights, but dead at the end. Now this happened again!

 

Very fun map and very good running pacing.

Edited by GarrettChan

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Map01 UV Max

3m01-229.zip

Very smooth, and getting barrelled by a hellknight was funny to see. Shame about the 2 knights in 4 rockets not finishing, I would have been interested to see the damage numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, RjY said:

Very smooth, and getting barrelled by a hellknight was funny to see. Shame about the 2 knights in 4 rockets not finishing, I would have been interested to see the damage numbers.

This one also getting a 4 rockets 2 HK, but it's somewhat different from the one that didn't finish. This one is 1 direct impact and 3 splash to each of them. The one that I didn't get through is 2 direct impacts killed one, so that one was definitely interesting to watch, but sad it didn't go well.

 

Also, you can push the other HK into the teleporter to telefrag him, but I don't know how to consistently make it happen though...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×