Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

No-Save November

Time to revisit Italo Doom? Also Holy Hell saveless would be interesting since I haven't really learned any of that wad. I don't want to attempt to learn untitled2.wad atm.

I should revisit Holy Hell -- I remember it seemed pretty easy (up to a point) when I was brand-spanking-new to slaughter maps.

I assume by untitled2 you mean the Okuplok map? I can't even complete the opening platforming sequence without falling off! XD I can only think of 2 or 3 fights in that entire map that I can beat without save-scumming.

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Memfis said:

Surely you meant to say "without sawing"?

I prefer Onlysaw October

Choptoberfest

15 hours ago, Voltcom9 said:

Or if that wasn't your cup of tea then perhaps an " No Armor August." The possibilities here are endless.

hardcore_gamer approves

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:54 AM, Grain of Salt said:

It's coming. Will you take part? Are you prepared? Do you believe?

What wad?

Well I play without saves anyway because it's a lot more suspenseful, provided it's a difficulty I can manage. I just don't have time and patience enough to be stuck in some maps for the whole month.

I might have a go at something fairly manageable like Vanguard and if i get that done continue with trying to beat the Sunder maps saveless (i beat Grinder and it put me off that quest for 8 months and counting heh).

On 19/09/2017 at 9:41 PM, Killer5 said:

Time to revisit Italo Doom? Also Holy Hell saveless would be interesting since I haven't really learned any of that wad. I don't want to attempt to learn untitled2.wad atm.

Have you played Skepland? I think you might like it. Saveless runs of those maps might be quite a challenge.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:41 AM, bzzrak said:

I'm in!

If it were No-Resurrection November, it'd be a different story though. I barely save at all, but I cheat a lot to compensate. :]

~

/resurrect

All joking aside, i don't like saving mid-level unless it's a slaughterWAD, so this should be a cinch.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:54 AM, Grain of Salt said:

It's coming. Will you take part? Are you prepared? Do you believe?

I do this every month of the year, regardless. I thought it was common practice.

I figured I'd try something different. For the first time in four years I'm actually playing doom with saves.

So far I've been cruising through sunlust, swift death, 3hrs dagonie, and the later parts of speed of doom. Its pretty fun, you guys should try it!

I tried replaying Rush for No-Save November.  I got tired of attempting map 12 and stopped.  Considering I've already played the entirety of Rush without saves it wasn't as fun with foreknowledge and knowing how irritating some spots felt.

8 hours ago, loveless said:

I tried replaying Rush for No-Save November.  I got tired of attempting map 12 and stopped.  Considering I've already played the entirety of Rush without saves it wasn't as fun with foreknowledge and knowing how irritating some spots felt.

Rush irritating? are you sure you played the same wad?

15 hours ago, loveless said:

I've already played the entirety of Rush without saves

Why did you pick a wad that you'd already played without saves to re-do for No-Save November?

Wouldn't it have been better to pick one you had previously done with saves and try to re-do it without them?

Or am I misunderstanding? I've probably misunderstood something.

@RjY I just wanted to play something I had foreknowledge of.  Playing and remembering maps using saves(this allowing me to be more aggressive than I should) versus something I have knowledge of and know how to play fairly safely felt like a simple choice.