Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

So it seems I'm making 1-hour maps again. :P

Name: It Burns

Format: Vanilla

Time taken: 1 hour, plus a bit of bugfixing.

Music: Some track from Heretic, I dunno.

I wanted to get back into my mapping groove a bit, so I figured I'd do one of these. Lemme know if I done fuckled up.

Screenshot_Doom_20170921_004547.png

Edited by Obsidian

Brutal. Fitting title, uhhhh

I'll probably be able to beat it eventually. I'll upload my winning demo at... some point today? For an hour though, it's well thought out.

10 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

wait, did this map take you an hour to make? or does it take an hour to complete?

One hour to make a wad!? 

csu6_-.gif

2 hours ago, Phade102 said:

wait, did this map take you an hour to make? or does it take an hour to complete?

no, it takes 15 hours to complete. The hour spent making it was probably under the request of the Devil itself.

Cheers for the feedback and FDAs. Link has been updated with a new version: hopefully that addresses the tenacious Manc.

Here's a real shitty video, courtesy of... well, me, I guess. Totes def some deaths, you can almost see me save a few times but decided not to.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to see someone about my charred crispy ass.

Oh look, another one.

Name: It Feeds

Format: Vanilla (I think)

Time taken: 1 hour, plus bugfixing.

Music: Again, Heretic track. I think it's from E1M4

This one I'm a little less happy with, but I put that down to the smoke alarm getting set off partway through mapping and the following acrid wafting of smoke. A little easier, but the gameplay's a tad more unorthodox.

Screenshot_Doom_20170922_004153.png

not a bad map, pain elemental at the end causes some problems tho 

EDIT: also make more of these i need maps to play, slave away for my entertainment

I'm thinking either a set of 3 or 6, maybe even 7 if I can think of something creative for a final map.Stay tuned.

oh yeah also here ya' go, enjoy some mastodon playing in the background while I complete this map the 2nd time having forgotten to record the first, that's why I anticipate some stuff (also it's not even 100% kills so don't count this too heavily)

First off, you have excellent musical taste. :) Cheers for the video.

Secondly:

Name: It Watches

Time taken: 1 hour, plus bugfixing and tweaking.

Music: MUS_E2M8 from Heretic. I think I'll try using only Heretic MIDIs for these. :P

The predator has become prey...if you're playing in vanilla for whatever reason, make sure you load the DeHackEd otherwise the whole experience is defanged, heh.

Screenshot_Doom_20170922_212749.png

Edited by Obsidian

and

Though to be fair, I suppose I did kind of cheat through It Feeds by using GZDoom, so melee is easier. At least, for most folks. I, however, am a big ol' dummy what can't 'saw moving targets for shit so

Also It (heh) is good to see you mapping again!

I had to check the last one out at least. (I tried It Burns too, but I'm not gonna win that one...) My first time recording a FDA of someone's map, hope it works alright.

Spoiler

The decreased ammo and health spooked me so much I forgot I can actually use my fist. I love how simple and clever the idea is, same with the Manc furnaces. It doesn't even feel like a gimmick to me, it's more like, why should flame walls not spit flames? What are wall-mounted eyes for, if not for this very thing?

itwatches_fda_scypek2.zip

Here's an FDA for It Feeds that is like 90% pacifist and also somehow reality. Would have been faster but I didn't notice where to go at the end, a fair consequence of leaving all the monsters alive to distract me. :)

I MADE THIS MAP WHILE LISTENING TO "WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT" ON REPEAT

Name: It Sleeps

Time taken: 1 hour, plus bugfixing and tweaking.

Music: MUS_E1M8 from Heretic.

THERE WAS ONE "IT'S NOT UNUSUAL" IN THERE

Screenshot_Doom_20170923_181844.png

Edited by Obsidian

Watches: Pretty cool gimmick, beat first try.

Sleeps: Didn't really see any challenge in this one, gotta say I'm not the biggest fan of this level. Beat first try.

Stalks: Haven't beaten it yet after giving it a go for a half hour, but it's a really fun challenge and it looks good.