Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletonpatch

What type of archaic/unusual/unconvetnional control schemes do you use?

On 9/23/2017 at 8:33 AM, everennui said:

I'm curious how many people use Spacebar for jump. It seems really common, but I've never found that as intuitive as right click on the mouse. Spacebar is always "use" for me.

Doom is the only game I could play with Spacebar as "use". It just feels correct when playing. Any other game I play, spacebar is jump and E or F is use. It's weird how my brain doesn't conflict.

On 22/09/2017 at 11:10 PM, Red said:

Xbox 360 controller for fighting games

I know, I'm insane.

Madness. Mouse and keyboard is the best way to play absolutely every game ever, zero exceptions.

56 minutes ago, stru said:

Doom is the only game I could play with Spacebar as "use". It just feels correct when playing. Any other game I play, spacebar is jump and E or F is use. It's weird how my brain doesn't conflict.

Same here. If I'm not playing Doom I'm generally using the WASD layout.

SZXC instead of WASD then I'm using the entire QWERT row for weapons. Lshift for duck, and space for jump thanks to my abnormal fingers :I

2 hours ago, A_D_M_E_R_A_L said:

I know AltimaMantoid uses ESDF for movement

ESDF would be so much more practical. You have a couple extra keys for additional functions and can still reach Ctrl, Shift, Alt, etc. just fine. This would be much needed in Arma3 lol 

Just now, stru said:

ESDF would be so much more practical. You have a couple extra keys for additional functions and can still reach Ctrl, Shift, Alt, etc. just fine. This would be much needed in Arma3 lol 

Actually yes, but it's kind of difficult to get used to it. When I was playing WoW, I ran out of mapping keys to use, if I could use ESDF back then, it would be heaven to me.

4 hours ago, Archvile Hunter said:

I have USE bound to MOUSE2 (right mouse button). How common is this?

That's standard in both Dark Engine games I've played, like System Shock 2 and Thief. Haven't played Deus Ex though...

I use ESDF for movement thanks to Tribes 2.

Started using Mouse4 for crouch during my Splinter Cell days.

A to aim down sights since holding right click always fucked up my aim.