Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Black Void

Aw crap, I never realized how much I suck at deathmatches...

... heh, heh, heh. I decided to download zdaemon after realizing, "alright! I havn't deathmatched since like... 3 or 4 years!" So anyway, I went online, thought I would own everyone, and then got the living crap beaten out of me. I guess it's back to single player...

Yay. I played Legacy once online. I was beaten like a red headed stepchild.

Fods, you suck! Or at least that's what I would say if I had beaten you 40 to 10, instead of the other way arround.

Anyway, me and Doomboy have awesome DM's. I like those, because I feel like I'm awesome when I play him... ;)

Heh, me and gatewatcher have been DMing each other for the past week. He's actually a lot better than he lets on. He's quite an opponent :)
You can usually catch us DMing on Dwango5's Map01.

I used to dm back in the day my name used to be [dod]orion, anyone remember if I was any good at it?

Heh...I'd play but i remember there being like 3 people online at any given time and only on legacy. Also, its too much setup work for me and my lazyness.

I've never really liked deathmatch, probably because there's just too much confusion and chaos, especially if there's a lot of people in a fairly small map.

I'd rather play Team Fortress for Quake.

Just wait till you DM someone (1on1) in a relatively small DM map. :)

I got the crap kicked out of me be dekkion and sgt. crispy. Ehyup... I don't know if that's good or bad, but... I really suck man...

i was just playing deathmatch and lost 48/50 to some guy. DarkStalker i think. good game. he resorted to much plasma death in the final kills!

i was also spectating DoomBoy's and Gatewatcher's game. i wanted to kill them, but damn game was full

fodders said:

Yeh but you were flying before flying in DM was discovered :P Drugs will do that :)

Omg so I invented flying? Oh shit, I'm soo proud!

BTW, what's flying? O_o

Use3D said:

i was just playing deathmatch and lost 48/50 to some guy. DarkStalker i think. good game. he resorted to much plasma death in the final kills!

Yay I beat you ... Oh wait... I never deathmatch in doom before... The first and last time I tried to join, zdoom went 16 colors while loading the game and crashed my computer :(

Night stalker or somethin'. anyway i got whupped.
Too bad about that though, darkstalker

I'll put them back up later today. People seemed to enjoy the dwango8 map18 shotgun arena with low gravity. Gravity was set at 1/4 normal, just enough to be able to jump up to the rim from the main floor. Is that good? Want to try anything else? I wish the sky was higher in that wad so people could jump higher without bumping their heads. :)

Best to get IDE.EXE, then whenever you see a server hosting a wad you do not have, if they have set it correctly, and Biffy does, you just need to press W and it will take you to download of wad.

Black Void said:

Biffy- what are your low gravity wads called and where can I get them?

OK, my best one is dm-morph.zip (DM-Morpheus Wannabe) on rarefiles.tripod.com. It needs the newest zdoom (any version after zdoom 1.23 beta33) because it uses some "air control" specified in the mapinfo. Sorry, this wad will not work in zdaemon or csdoom because of that mapinfo entry.

Also, there is csboat2 on rarefiles. It has periods of low gravity over the ocean and volcano island when you enter the volcano to grab the bfg or simply to ride into the sky on the lava column and then fly back over the ship. Best way to enter is via the little "outhouse" there on the island, which gives you a rad suit and teleports you right into the volcano. :) This one is running now of zdaemon.

Only other wad was the dwango5 map18 which I put up at 1/4 gravity. If anyone else thinks of a particular wad which would be good in low gravity, or makes one to try, let me know. Gravity can be anything from more than normal down to zero, in fine increments. Can be changed at will during play if the proper scripts or controls are in the wad.

Heh, I'd call myself average. There's a lot of people I can beat, and then a lot of people that can kick my ass :P I might be a bit better with a better connection, but I don't really care, since I just play to have fun =)

Yeh same, sumtimes I whoop ass, Sumtimes its bothways, and others I get my ass Fried in a matter of seconds...Meh I guess its just the luck of the draw, or the maps, I have a couple favs. in Dwango5 :)....But usually im pretty good for nvr DMing b4 in my life, since i just statred DM online 2 days ago...i still gotta work on my mouse movements tho, damn keyboard can't turn me fast enuff...

Archvile64 said:

I might be a bit better with a better connection, but I don't really care, since I just play to have fun =)

I might be a lot better if I lived closer to the (majority of) ZDaemon servers, but i don't really care, since I lived with that ping for so long.

It was the opposite for me, except for tema arena i always got my ass kicked in quake, in doom i totally rule

youll all run into me eventually