Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

What was your first PC game?

My next door neighbour worked at Radio Shack and brought over a copy of the original King's Quest to demo on my parents' new Tandy 1000 SX in 1988 or so (in glorious 3-channel sound and 16 simulated colours on a green composite monochrome monitor). I didn't play for long and didn't actually acquire my own copy until a decade or so later, although I did get at least a couple of other Sierra AGI games (Mixed Up Mother Goose and Police Quest I)...

On 9/25/2017 at 8:09 AM, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

When I first got a 286 back in the day it came with this:

I was only aware of the Nintendo game. That looks pretty fun.

On 9/25/2017 at 10:30 PM, Vorpal said:

Meeting Arilou ships in combat was always resulted in the keyboard being thrown at the wall

AYYY, YOU KNOW THIS GAME. Seriously, though, the tinier ships were always a pain to take care of, especially the Umgah.

Edited by VirtualOwl13

My first PC game that I can remember was a game called Battle Chess. It differed from other chess games of the time by the fact that each piece was an actual character (pawns were soldiers, bishops were priests, rooks were these damned morphing rock monsters, etc.), and by what happened whenever you captured a piece. The capturing piece would do battle with the other piece and kill them. It was pretty awesome at the time.

Hehe, I remember that game. It came with my first PC and was an enhanced version with music, real-sounding effects and even voice clips for a tutorial section. I loved listening to the first game track while playing, even if I am complete ass at it.

14 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

Hehe, I remember that game. It came with my first PC and was an enhanced version with music, real-sounding effects and even voice clips for a tutorial section. I loved listening to the first game track while playing, even if I am complete ass at it.

My version of Battle Chess was the original 1988 version, back before Amiga CD was even a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6HYbQCRwgk

I remember Star Wars Chess, which was the same idea, but with Star Wars characters. This was before the prequels.

I believe it was a golf game with cheesy graphics and cheesy sounds.