Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Aaron "DemonSphere" Emge has passed

Poured my heart out on Discord already but I'm still saddened greatly by the news. It was always great conversing with him about competition, and competitive Doom in particular. We bonded over our passion of mastery. He always had great stories to tell and made us laugh frequently. 

It was only weeks ago we were discussing for meeting up at QuakeCon 2018. I think I'll still go in your honour, Aaron. Rest easy dude, gonna miss you.

God, I head the news a couple of days ago and I was so unbelievably sad. I've known Demonsphere for almost a decade now and he was truly one of my best friends within the doom community. I hadn't seen him in the private IRC channel where he and another one of my friends idle and I wondered where he went, I only learned a few days later that the had died. Doom truly isn't going to be the same without him. I've lost a great friend and the doom community has lost a legend. I haven't really been active within the community the past couple of years and only recently got back into it a few months ago, but I am so glad that I was able to play a few games with him before he passed. I'll never forget the last CTF game i played against him and his team, it was so fun and my team gave them a run for their money :), my only regret is that I didn't get a demo of it. If only I knew it would be the last CTF game I would ever play with him. I would like to open a memorial youtube channel with demos from his POV so his legacy can live on. I have some old CTF demos of him from a couple years prior that I'll definitely upload and I'll have to check to see if I have any of his old ZDL and ZDDL duel demos. If anyone has any demos that they'd like me to add to the channel, feel free to send them to me.

R.I.P. Aaron, I'm going to truly miss you so much man.

@Ralphis If it's not too much trouble could you please leave the memorial fund up for a few more days? I already donated some money, but I'd like to donate some more money as soon as I get paid next week. Thanks!

I don't know Aaron, never heard of him too. But I'm sorry for this loss. I would give to his family a warm hug. Rest in Peace ♥

Condolences

13 hours ago, Madgunner said:

@Ralphis If it's not too much trouble could you please leave the memorial fund up for a few more days? I already donated some money, but I'd like to donate some more money as soon as I get paid next week. Thanks!

Yea, I'll leave it up a little while longer. I'm going to send anything that came after the funeral out sometime next week. All funds raised so far went toward Aaron's funeral services. We have some nice pictures from the day that I'd like to share, but I'm currently in the middle of a move so I'll try to get them up as soon as I can.

The thread title was a bit misleading for me, so I didn't look in here until I heard the news on the ZDoom forums.

I've only been Dooming for 1-2 years now, and only played one MP game (sucked so hard for me), but it's always sad to see a Doomer go up there. 

RIP DemonSphere, a guy I didn't know, but apparently everyone else did and was respected by the community.

Here is a demo of some duels with DS, rdwpa, fonzo, dk, and others from 9/17/17... Shouldn't have picked dweller, but it was a ton of fun to play DS on it, even if I didn't reach my mental victory, heh.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdb2urt7lr5zze6/9_17_17_DuelswithDS.zip?dl=1

I prolly have some more from earlier, but I'll have to do some digging to find them. I'll never forget the fun we've had :)

To my understanding, I've only known about him in passing, and I was aware of the impact he had on the Doom community. What I didn't know about is the humility he showed with other players, his infectious personality, and the immense amount of skill he would display.

This is currently beyond my mapping skillset, but I would like to seriously propose a DemonSphere memorial DM map, in the style of Judas23_.wad, the map he vowed to never lose on after QuakeCon 2013.

This way, we can not only grieve the loss we've suffered, but we can also celebrate his life, his legacy, and his skill.

Rest in peace, DemonSphere.

"When these frail shadows we inhabit now have quit the stage we'll meet and raise a glass again together in Valhalla."

RIP Aaron, "DemonSphere" 

Tragic news. :(

Edited by Buckshot

Wow. That's a total bummer to hear about DemonSphere. I only got to play with him
 a few times in the past couple years. He sure had the upper hand in those fights, got
  the best of me here and there, heh. I just remember he was a good opponent.

The community won't be the same without him. We all suffer this loss. Rest In Peace, Man.
 Don't Fear The Reaper.

My condolences to family and friends.

Remember the Doom II bronze final a few years back against Devastation

Edited by Ossi

I get asked every now and then, usually by new Doomers, who I think the best duelers/deathmatchers in the community are. Got asked again today. DS was still the first name that jumped to mind. It's still hard to believe he isn't around, he made such a lasting impact on so many people in the mp community. I so badly want to believe he's up there kicking everyone's asses something fierce at that big lan party in the sky. There's an unfillable hole in the community where DS was.

We really miss you, man.