Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMasteR

adrenaline

Well when i play DOOM I dont get scred i get a adrenaline rush!

Like when i here that imp i franticly 180 turn (if its behind me) and blast its ass with a ssg... and i say "phew" same thing goes for arch-vile and revenants but there harder to kill, need to plasma rifle for them

I remember when i was 8 i was playing the doom Mega-drive(genenis) game and i turned a corner and saw some cacos all the way down the hallway and i immedialty swithced it off and i had nightmares about cacos and imps for weeks

(true story)

Yeah, it's somewhat hard to get scared whilst playing Doom nowdays. Back in the day, though, the game was teh shiznat for its scariness. Heh, what gives me an adrenaline rush is blasting my way through map10, trying to get that yellow key without the zombiemen and shotgunners killing me.

The first really big adrenaline rush I got from Doom was when I first played Ultimate Doom E3M3 on UV from a pistol start.

Ah, the blisfull days. Being chased by a pack of demons and a Baron of Hell only to see more and more monsters join the hunt. All, while sighing sending longing thoughts towards that shotgun up the stairs that the demons had so cruelly kept me from.

And the extreme feeling of relief when I finally grabbed that berserk pack and punched that tormenting cacodemon to oblivion finally feeling that I got a real fighting chance.

Another thing thats spooky is when your in a dark room and theres imps,hellknights,archviles etc etc around you and your in the middle of this dark room.

I reckon the best wad for spooky play is alien vendetta , like theres a cybie on the 4th stage! and its on top of a large platform so it can shoot you easy and you need to dodge, strafe franticly.

You too? I remember when i was a little younger than that about 6 or 7, and my uncle had a high end computer (for the time) so he got a game or two. Doom. He let me play, i did, then came old arch-evil that did it. I didnt mind the zombies around the corner, the sounds of imps in the next room, or even the scary way id played with the lights(or rather the darks) but the arch-evil did it, scared me shit less. And now im older and have much higher standards of whats scarey, but i was only 7, and now the huge pixel monster dont scare me as much, but now its more of an adrenaline when im turning the corner to avoide the crispy spell that the archy casts.

DooMasteR said:

I remember when i was 8 i was playing the doom Mega-drive(genenis) game and i turned a corner and saw some cacos all the way down the hallway and i immedialty swithced it off and i had nightmares about cacos and imps for weeks

(true story)

WOAH WOAH woah.. wait a second here. Genesis Doom???? How? Where??

Dont you remember...
its like really gay you can pick your stage from the menu sorta like doom95 but you pick while you play...
And its got tha mad stage where theres thee barrels in the middle with like 20 marines in the middle of them and you shoot 'em and teh go 'splat'
Meh you wont remember... and you need the '3DX' hardware addon grapichcs which im proves the graphics (but there shite anyway)

I think what you're talking about is 32X Doom. AFAIK, there is/was no Doom for Genesis, that I'm aware of, anyway.

I remember playing Hell Revealed and seeing four and five Cyberdemons in the same area. I screamed out a string of profanities and frantically reached for the Escape key.