Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red

"Oh yeah, that was a thing that existed..."

I remember watching Felix the Cat when I was a little boy in the 70s. Even then, it was probably syndicated reruns. The two Felix the Cat cartoons posted above are unfamiliar to me, though.

I remember that doom screensaver. Don't remember who I knew that had it though.

Pretty neat. Would be cool if a real doom battle sim screensaver existed, using one of the source ports. Where it would spawn a dozen or so of the monsters on either side and let them duke it out.

Johnny Castaway is still the best screensaver ever though.

https://youtu.be/PqXIKeTVcyA

3 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Frosted tips was a thing in the 90's and the early 2000's. I remember many of my co-workers rocking it, sometimes I felt like I was surrounded by a boy band.

iwuOOlK.jpg

Annotation: 

Anything that happened 6 months ago. Heck even 3 months ago.

btw your dnL makes me think of DHL was a delivery service with yellow vans because you need to stick out.

Frosted tips were long before the 90s. Maybe they didn't have the popularity. What about the 2 tone girls that would dye the top half blonde and the bottom half dark because somehow that was a good idea? I remember my friend would slick her hair tie it back and look like a skunk. I am so happy that trend died.

Padding out the first Garfield TV special with nonsense music and overly sappy/emotional shlock as a pyramid scheme to harvest the tears of children, because I don't know about you but when I think Garfield I don't think schmaltzy 80's love ballads and dealing with mortality, I just think a selfish cat who likes to eat lasanga and anything deeper than that was trying too hard to get more "heart warming" specials à la Peanuts

tl;dr get out of here with this crap

I grew up on this show but MAN it didnt age well.
none of those late 80s 90s sitcoms did.
Actually the more I think about it, most sitcoms are a sign of the times and are looked back upon with nostalgia in a best case scenario.

Bojack Horseman is only good for the first season or two.  Then it gets tedious pretty much immediately at season 3.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:21 PM, Master O said:

Wow, all of these seem like dumb little ACS experiments that someone would make to learn it while having something to show off to their friends.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:21 PM, Master O said:

I will always remember this because at my local K-Mart they had an entire shelf full of them. Maybe 6' - 8' long for $25. I think I may have bought it. Anyway like a month later those 100 boxed copies were being sold for $1 and still on shelves.

29 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

I'm gonna say the Super Mario Bros movie. How did that even get past production without someone asking "wtf are we doing?"

I have a feeling Nintendo wanted to test the market by making the worst movie possible.

11 hours ago, geo said:

I have a feeling Nintendo wanted to test the market by making the worst movie possible.

I don't think Nintendo had any involvement with it. 

Emojis, even though no one uses them anymore due to the fact that all they do is devolve modern languages I still encounter them... I have some sort of virus that strategically inserts them into poorly constructed sentences online.

The four people who still like emojis apparently made a movie about them in an attempt to bring them back, only to kill every chance of them ever returning ever again. This virus that I've mentioned of course, is the magnum opus of those four people.

I predict that this virus will alter one of the next posts to appear as if it were a response to this post and fill it with shitty emojis. It's easy to tell what it will put them into. No real people will ever use an emoji in any kind of writing nowadays, no matter how poor their writing capabilities are.