Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Idiotinfrontofadesk

How much storage has DOOM-related stuff took up on your computer?

With all the stuff I have installed, like source ports, WADs, Mods, and much other stuff, the file I have for DOOM has accumulated 1.10 gigabytes of content.

How much storage have you taken up with DOOM? 

Screenshot (631).png

My wads folder takes up 1.3GB. That's mostly iwads and pwads, I don't play a lot of mods, just Reelism for the most part.

5.45 GB....heh

EDIT: correction....actually I'd have more than 6 GB by including some downloads from other folders...

Theres ~3GB of the classic doom stuff and sf2 files, something around 3GB of Doom 3 and RoE, 67 GB of the new DOOM, and idk how much the steam classic doom games occupy but i also keep those installed.

doom.png

My doom I and II related stuff is about 1.28 gb. I usually have it pretty organized and most things (wads more than everything) I have them in Winrar, although I had to make change of PC a few months ago ... the old one was ruined, there was about 3 gb in that.

Close to 10GB, the largest components being wads and source ports, all zipped.  Also includes Heretic, Hexen, Strife and Hacx.

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

wait... doom3 and doom'16 count as well here? in that case I'm probably past 75GB or so if I take all things into consideration...

Somehow, you don't strike me as the Doom 3 type. ;-)

18 minutes ago, WadArchive said:

290gb of wads (compressed) and some where around 23gb of screenshots and images plus the game files in steam

You do honor to your name.

Interesting, I thought that my Doom folder is about ~600 mb.

No...that was a BIG mistake.

GZDoom folder = 12,8 Gb

Zandronum folder = 4,01 Gb

Oh...

Just about exactly 2GB.

I remember one guy who had 100GB worth of Doom on his HDD - tons of PWADs, editing tools and source ports. He even made a video about it, but sadly that video doesn't appear to exist anymore. Would've linked it otherwise.

My Doom folder is 5,51 GB, but it also includes Doom Engine games like Hexen and Strife.

If we count Doom 3 too, which is in another folder, then it is around 7,05 GB.

Oh, not that much, only... 16.8 gigs?! Holy shit, half of that must be duplicated files. I have a lot of source ports and editing tools and shit installed but damn, it looks like I need to clean some crap outta there.

My Doom 2 folder is 8.46 GB in size. Contains all the IWADs, Doom Builder 2, DeePsea, XWE, Slade, WhackEd4, ZDaemon, Zdoom, Skulltag, Hundreds of PWADs, many of my own test wads and stuff, Midis, Sprites, Soundtracks, Textures & Flats, other classic doom mods and stuff.

Doom 3 folder is 4.65 GB. Contains D3 & ROE, and Doom Reborn mod that has D1 & D2 maps made in D3 engine.

And then there's Doom 4, which takes quite a lot than I expected..

Edited by Rosh Fragger

my hdd started dying recently, and when i went to backup my doom folder, it was a little over 10gb.

after a lot of optimizing, i managed to bring it down to just over 3gb instead c:

3.2 GB of wads, dehs, demos. 2.1 GB of code with some object files. 4.3 GB of pure object files. 123 MB of binaries. 9.7 GB total.

17 hours ago, JudgeDeadd said:

890 MB, because I'm a slob that doesn't clean up after old mods I've played

I'm lower than you, 870MB is my main Doom folder

10 GB after cleaning last week (no idea how much shit I deleted, but it was +30 GB of removed stuff) on this machine, 12 on the other. Pfft old games don't take much space, where is the goof who said that?!