Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Dual Weapons

Well, let's say you've a submachine gun cradled in your arms, you've got full ammo, and then you see another submachine gun lying there harmlessly on the floor. Would you be able to pick up and have two of the same weapon?
Or is id not going to implement this. I think it would be very cool, if implemented correctly (e.g., you can't have two BFGs).

I don't think id would be daft enough to allow a player to carry two such bulky weapons (BFG, minigun, rocket launcher, etc). I'm guessing that, if anything, they'll allow dual pistols and that's about it.

Spike said:

if anything, they'll allow dual pistols and that's about it.

Even that would be unrealistic in Real Lifeā„¢. You'd probably snap your wrists, but I have to admit that it looks very cool.

That would move Doom too far away from realism and believability.

I prefer my favorite concept to at least try and stay near a decent level of realism.
In real life you'd probably break your arms - and even if that didn't happen, you still wouldn't be able to hit a barn door five feet in front of you.

In other words: No.

Admittedly, I wouldn't mind akimbo pistols nearly as muh, but someone mentioned that you wouldn't be able to hit shit with that either so...

Well I can fire a .22 rifle (sawed off to be like a pistol) with one hand with like no kick, so if you could find dual .22 pistols, I might belive it.

bigbadgangsta said:

Well I can fire a .22 rifle (sawed off to be like a pistol) with one hand with like no kick, so if you could find dual .22 pistols, I might belive it.

But are you able to hit anything while using two pistols?

dsm said:

But are you able to hit anything while using two pistols?

Well, with two .22 sawed off rifles, probably. The bitch would be the reloading. Dual 9mms however, HAHA, bullshit you could wield two, unless you were super buff and then MAYBE you could hit SOMETHING though it would have to be almost point blank and pretty large...

did we forget that this is a game?...there's a difference between and unrealism and stupidness...2 BFGs would be stupid, 2 pistols would be fine...maybe it's not realistic but to make it more realistic you'd have to give up accuracy for speed and power but I do feel the pistol should be part of the game in the later stages rather than just sitting at the bottom of the backpack collecting dust...

question.. how do you reload 2 pistols?? both your hands are busy killing monsters.. and you must reload a weapon quik to even stand a chanse against the demons from hell.. i dont think its posseble to reload ith with rour teath.. or toes.. and you cant ask a zombie if he can help you.. so basicly.. you are f0cked

Well.. you can reload two pistols one after the other without putting them down, but you have to have moderately large hands and not-too-huge pistols to pull it off.

Bruce willis just about manages to reload two pistols without putting them down in 'Last Man Standing' (which is a shameful remake, go watch Yojimbo instead). But nobody is as convincing with two pistols as Chow!

Having to reload two pistols would probably balance out the obvious benefits of being able to dish out twice as much damage.

The plus versus minus factors of weapons should be of utmost importance, ie, plasma rifle and bfg can take down a roomfull of undead nasties, but they chew thru cells pretty quickly. And i'm sure everyone knows the potential disadvantages of using rocket launchers in close quarters.

I can reload two airsoftguns relatively quick..or rather, I could.

"Reloading," New York style. The Doomguy would be carrying enough guns for it not to matter, really. :P

well they deffinatly wont break your wrists/arms if fired off a 9mm 357. 44mag and a 38. special the 44 mag was the only one that startled me from the kick but deffinaly u could not hit shit as you need to sight in with one eye closed hence its impossible enless you have excellent depth proception

Tyockell said:

well they deffinatly wont break your wrists/arms if fired off a 9mm 357. 44mag and a 38. special the 44 mag was the only one that startled me from the kick but deffinaly u could not hit shit as you need to sight in with one eye closed hence its impossible enless you have excellent depth proception

Try a .357 Magnum my friend, that is some power ;)

i did lol 44. mag seemed like quite a bit more kick altho i have to admit the 357. mag really hurt my ears

altho now that i think of it i was using lower grain ammo for the 38. and 357. my niegbore makes his own rounds and has a fox problem so he keeps the charge lower. Anyway it dosent matter alot of you probably know alot more about pistols then i do it was just my opinion only experience i have is with a beretta 22. compact