Is STARTAN2 ruined forever?

Is STARTAN2 ruined forever?   116 members have voted

1. 1. Is STARTAN2 ruined forever?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where can I get startan2 wallpaper for my home?

4 people like this

Looking at STARTAN, what kind of material is it supposed to be made of, metal or plastic? They look like they can be panels as well.

36 minutes ago, Piper Maru said:

Looking at STARTAN, what kind of material is it supposed to be made of, metal or plastic? They look like they can be panels as well.

I've always thought it looked like that weird padding you see on the inside of the Millennium Falcon or Nostromo. It could be anything but to me it looks like that sort of stuff you'd put inside a starship's crew area, to prevent possible injury in case of turbulence hehe. Could have metal panels/ducts behind similar to what you see in some STAR textures. Of course I didn't make them so I'm not sure, but even updated versions of STARTAN and similar textures/setups seem to suggest the idea of "padded walls" due to the shape/lighting etc. Looking at the texture and the details it's something I've always wondered about as well, like some others. SLADWALL, just as an example, looks right away like green brick or concrete so it's easier to guess that one. Also the sewer opening texture in Doom 1 helps lol.

Edited by reflex17
1 person likes this

On 10/8/2017 at 3:06 PM, hardcore_gamer said:

Wow, those screens really do make it clear just how big of a difference good texturing makes to a level. They also kinda show how simple the official levels are as well.   

It's worth noting that in those shots - as well as homogenised texturing - the lighting is also homogenised, which (I'd say) contributes a lot more to their bland appearance than the uniform texture theme. The first shot, for example, would otherwise look like this:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20171012_103051.jpg.35b17dccf079ccefdd11f30b2d03c379.jpg

Not so bad.

On 9/30/2017 at 10:59 PM, Jimmy said:

This is clearly what everyone should adopt instead.

gYvN0q9.png

This triggered me more then I thought it would...

2 people like this

Only thing you need now is the soothing tones of DETHTOLL.MID running in the background and I'm pretty sure we could trigger some vile repressed memories.

On that note I'm pretty amused D_RUNNIN hasn't been ruined forever for me. I actually kind of like the song still.

1 person likes this

Ok, guys. So here is my the Ultimate reply to this thread (lel)

1 person likes this

Heh. STARTAN2.wad

Kill the evil Startan2 monsters, become a hero!

Run in any Zdoom based source port with Doom2 IWAD.

There's not much to be said about the map, this pwad is just for kicks. :)

I didn't spend much time on it, you probably won't either.

CYBRJ0.png.ac849e3d34d475eece677f299ca6d765.png

STARTAN2.zip

Edited by Mr.Rocket
was bored..