Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabidrage

Doomguy's body/feet

Is there a single mod out there, crappy or otherwise, that makes it so you can, in first-person, look down and see that Doomguy actually has a body?  I feel like for everything else people have done and thought of to modernize the game and/or enhance its realism, this has been often overlooked.  And I get why it would be hard.  Would it be sprites that move when you move?  A model?  Would it be part of the HUD?  I don't even know the best way to do it.   But if anyone could point me to one, I'd appreciate it!

I've never seen that done before... If it were possible I would totally use that mod in conjunction with Brutal Doom.

The only game where I've seen this actually done properly was Destiny, which seemed to simply just mirror what other players could see when they looked at you. Of course with sprites, you can't exactly do that and make it look good...

Spawn a Camera and make it follow player and control it with a script to tell it where it should Rotate, an Example mod using this method, you just have to move it closer to player sprite (not possible in this mod but with little tweaking it should be), although the sprites are going to look weird in First person because they're not weapons (tied to FPS view)

im here with the hard way nobody wants... calculate the player's pitch and draw the pixels line by line on the hud (have fun acs) and then find a way to make the weapon override that (line by line again rofl good luck with many frames)...

If I had the aptitude to make sprites and write ACS code, I'd put in the work myself.  Of course, once upon a time, I didn't think I'd be repurposing things in Slade or at all adept with Doombuilder.  Maybe someday...

If the weapons doesn't use bob I guess you could do a full sprite of the weapon and the rest of the body and then use the weapon sway code from Nash to be displaying the lower parts of the sprite as you are looking more to the floor. Still could look kinda weird depending on the perspective but I think it could work.

19 minutes ago, Gifty said:

I read this thread title with a totally different connotation than what the thread ended up being about 

i read the title from a notification and i tought "awww f*** another of those threads whyyyyyyyy"

Talking on GZDoom Hardware Renderer:

dunno if doomguys sprite is visible when playing (for the own player camera), if its visible you cant see it because is a 2D plane, the same with reflections, you cant see doomguy's floor reflection because is a plane 2D sprite

it should be possible if you shift the sprite a bit backwards, so you can see doomguy sprite when looking down. Or at least from the pants to below for it not showing the head when you look up.

Edited by URROVA

can just someone who knows about decorate or zscript idk, make doomguy legs visible when looking down in a pk3 file and publish please?

edit: for brutal doom v21

44 minutes ago, JoaProYUTUxd said:

can just someone who knows about decorate or zscript idk, make doomguy legs visible when looking down in a pk3 file and publish please?

Why can't you be that someone?

55 minutes ago, JoaProYUTUxd said:

Done.

Are we doing Paypal or wire transfer?

Doomguy didn’t have a mobile device because even though it’s the future it’s the 90s future so he can’t send feet pics. 

Did somebody say FEET??? Can you imagine how stinky they must be? All that demon slaying and he never took his boots off? The mix of feetsmell alongside sulphur and rotting flesh must create a potent olfactory landscape OwO

On 2/24/2024 at 8:22 PM, JoaProYUTUxd said:

because i don't know to much of decorate and zscript and that.

So what's stopping you from learning?