Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

ZTDM Ends

I will have to play the next time something like this happens, I will probably be bad at it since I haven't played any DM game since Tasty Spleen's Quake 2 FFA marking Quake 2's 20th anniversary and even there I did poorly.

The Wheelchair Warriors have rolled into the second round of the elimination bracket after a 2 - 0 result versus Water and Cennou. Surprised? You should be. We're the worse team under normal circumstances and won this match-up mostly off the back of Water's medieval-grade connection with the server. He was gracious enough to play out both of the games without mentioning it, even though it was plainly an issue and gave us the luxury of being able to miss and hold position on both dbab05 and dgoth18.

Bad luck to those two; better luck next time. We'll take the win and pray to the tank tread gods ahead of our match with Raz and Meme Machine Magnet Man Jason. This could get ugly.

14 hours ago, Alfonzo said:

Bad luck to those two; better luck next time. We'll take the win and pray to the tank tread gods ahead of our match with Raz and Meme Machine Magnet Man Jason. This could get ugly.

This will determine who the dirt closes over?

2 teams were granted an extension

MondoBizzarro and SnowStorm got their shit kicked in by Proteh and Unknown, 75-33 on UDM3 and 75-26 on Brit11. Ouch. Hopefully the extended games get played sooner than later! Ivan and I will play our match against Proteh and Unknown sometime during the week probably.

Hopefully Glide and I can squeeze our last match in in like 24 hours - I'll have tomorrow off. If we can, that's awesome, if not, no biggie.

OK peeps, just confirming that I will be avail Oct31 from 6PM Eastern time in the US onward til the end of the night. I'm really hoping the others are available, have left some messages in discord and such.

Damn, but thanks for letting me know! Time zones and schedules and stuff can be a pain sometimes. It seems criminal to stretch it out this long, but if we're still somehow allowed a match this weekend I'll be around

the extended games aka

Doomkid/Glide vs Caution/Goblin (They have until the end of Sunday night)

Fonze/Patience vs Godlike/AVC (same)

7 minutes ago, Decay said:

the extended games aka

Doomkid/Glide vs Caution/Goblin (They have until the end of Sunday night)

Fonze/Patience vs Godlike/AVC (same)

I guess i have until sunday too

You misunderstand mondo, the extension is purely time-wise and is for the teams which haven't played yet; you've already completed your game against Proteh and Unknown so the extension doesn't affect you. 

alrighty Glide, our match is coming up in 15ish hours. Ready to finish this thing up already! Edit: Unless you'll be at work still in which case we can do it saturday

3 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

We were felled! Don't have the exact scores but GG, super tough opponents!

Who felled you?

Also, has the final match happened yet?

Rims broken, wheels busted, spokes bent out of shape. The doctors have given their diagnosis: a 2 - 0 win versus the Wheelchair Warriors. Our campaign has come to a disappointing end.

We spent way too many minutes ruminating on whether they'd pick something left-of-field or stick to their gun selection of Onslaught, as it turns out, because it was an almost mechanical dismantling of our efforts through superior map knowledge and strategy that saw us go down by 30 frags or something. They're just so comfortable with how the map plays and we never had an opportunity to get our game going, even as there were moments where i felt there was an opening to control the pace of the game a little more. I think I managed a paltry 20 frags in that game. No me gusta.

dgoth18 didn't fair much better; or, at least not when considering the amount of practice we'd put into it a week beforehand. Lose control of that map like we did and it's easy to get swallowed up trying to mash your way back into the fight to control spawns. Coverage was bad, communication probably worse. It was not necessarily a foregone conclusion, as I believe we have displayed better timing and coordination in other games and practice matches and have been good at staying in fights we had no business winning in the first place... but it's for that reason that I'm really disappointed in this one. Expected to lose both games but not nearly this badly.

Looking forward to the next tourney and good luck to the four remaining teams. If a clear date and time is set I'll be on standby to stream the matches over at https://go.twitch.tv/st_alfonzo. Happy trails!

ZTDM ended today!

unfortunately due to bad time zoning issues we weren't able to get the semi-finals or finals streamed, but they were some exciting matches nonetheless.

Jason and Razgriz fell to Dragon and D'Sparil in the semifinals 3-1

Zakken and Armour fell to Ivan and Decay in the semifinals 3-1 also

Dragon and D'Sparil today took the tournament title 3-0 in some crushing games against Ivan and I today. Here is a demo (from Dragon's perspective) of the final

At this time, for those of you who played, we are looking for feedback on how the tournament was run; how could we done better? How did you feel about the maplist? Most importantly, did you have fun?

Thanks all for playing! We had 22 teams total, and 53 total matches played! That's a lot of matches.

Good tournament overall, ran well. 8 weeks was pretty reasonable for the duration given the 53 matches! Hope another one rolls around next year!