Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Random Image Thread

What's in a name?

1SC5xpX.jpg

Seismograph used at the Trinity atomic test. It clearly thinks highly of itself.

85At2FS.jpg

A very nice fridge/freezer in a very nice accommodation block in Amsterdam. Apparently it is a major brand on the European mainland. Oddly enough, they are not sold in the UK under this name.

XVkz2XE.jpg

A big tonka toy in Iceland that doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks of it. FWIW, this was near Vesturhópshólakirkjuvegur.

54 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He's called the King of the Monsters for a reason.

My interest in watching those movies just went from 0% to 19378578979027489578902973298759% in ten seconds flat.

7 minutes ago, Skeletonpatch said:

My interest in watching those movies just went from 0% to 19378578979027489578902973298759% in ten seconds flat.

I say start with the original 1954 film. It's a classic monster movie masterpiece.

Here's a cool video on the introduction to the Godzilla movies.

I've seen that jaw-tearing attack in several monster movies and always found it disturbing. Something about a face being ripped in half is unsettling.

10 minutes ago, Megalyth said:

I've seen that jaw-tearing attack in several monster movies and always found it disturbing. Something about a face being ripped in half is unsettling.

Indeed. One of the most brutal ones I've seen is when Kong rips the snakes jaw off in the 1976 remake.

It's weird that after all these years of me playing violent games I still feel more disturbed about gory moments in movies, especially the ones during the 80's. I still haven't watched John Carpenter's The Thing because of how gory the movie is, despite being told that it was one of the best horror films of all time.

That isn't to say that I don't watch any violent movies. I watched the Alien and Predator films when I was a kid and I still love them.

Trim that last word and you wouldn't need a comma.