Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Random Image Thread

22 hours ago, geo said:

I live in a snowy region. My step dad's cunt of a cousin always calls to remind us how warm it is in Florida, because she lives there. She's a smug cunt and a bully in general. I seem to be the only person that can stand up to her. It's tough to call a person in Florida and remind them they'll almost die and get flooded, but they sure can call us every time there is a blizzard. Each time I hear there's a hurricane about to hit Florida, I make sure to call her and let her know that blizzards won't cause the same financial damage on a consistent basis. Plus, this year Florida had some weird stink by red algae killing the fish trapped beneath it.

I'll take snow over sloppy humidity any day. Florida is where loonies go to take their final sprint over the brink of insanity.

12 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Where's that from?

Source(70's sci-fi art twitter) says, it's created by Roger Dean, “Walking Machine,” 1972. 

2 hours ago, Megalyth said:

I'll take snow over sloppy humidity any day. Florida is where loonies go to take their final sprint over the brink of insanity.

Sun melts brains and makes people do weird things. Also seems like the colder the climate, the nicer people are... then again, NYC.

outpost3.png

@tempdecal.wad Dark Interval has some good stuff in store for us, but that won't be until 2019. Here we see 2 Elite Metrocops, one equipped with a .357. This promises to be fun xd. 

Y'know, Metrocops have always been my favorite Combines, despite being the weakest and unskilled of the lot, in addition to being simple citizens who joined the forces of the UU for various reasons and benefits, yet something always made them epic in my eyes. I'm glad we have mods like Human Error and Entropy Zero which explore them. Also, Entropy Zero is getting a sequel in which we will play as a Combine Elite. We'll never see Combine Destiny 2 which was meant to explore Combine Soldiers in much more depth than the crude original did, as it only had friendly soldiers and enemy rebels while adding virtually nothing new to the arsenal, vehicles, and equipment (Nightvision for instance), but we sure are getting a Combine Elite one.

But back to Dark Interval, what's this... probably Doom Eternal, BloodEX, MK11, Missing Information's return, and more Dark Interval to come in 2019? Man this year is going to be so f*cking great (while my life will probably fall apart). As it stands now, DI really captures the cyberpunk, gritty, and dark tone of the original HL2, but when it comes to the authenticity of certain aspects it gets a bit strange. One of the authors posted an image of their recreation of the OICW and that thing doesn't resemble any iteration of the weapon at all, it's like something entirely different. MI might still remain the more faithful recreation when in comes to the weapons, even though they mixed quite a lot of versions in some of them (the Shotgun is the best example. Their shotgun feels like a mixture of the one seen in the E3 2002 trailer, 2003 leak, and final product (with the sounds)). Still, liberties will always be taken, and I really wonder how will Kraken Base be like due to this. As far as I remember, the guys at HL2 Beta Project said there's barely any info and concept art for it, so we'll see how it turns out, if and when we'll get there. Just like there's barely any info on the Borealis, we don't know where it was heading, whether it was a Combine ship or not, and so on. MI did a good job with it at least. 

I asked one of the Dark Interval devs and he said that because there's no known full story of 2001 - 2002 era storyline they had to interpret some things of their own, and they also don't intend to make Breen's design closer to his "Consul" look apparently, so yeah DI isn't very faithful to the source material but still good nonetheless. MI remains my favorite out of all these so called recreations, remasters and whatnot.

41 minutes ago, tempdecal.wad said:

I asked one of the Dark Interval devs and he said that because there's no known full story of 2001 - 2002 era storyline they had to interpret some things of their own, and they also don't intend to make Breen's design closer to his "Consul" look apparently, so yeah DI isn't very faithful to the source material but still good nonetheless. MI remains my favorite out of all these so called recreations, remasters and whatnot.

Same, for now MI remains my favorite but the main reason behind it is its accuracy and authenticity. MI also has less fancy effect and graphics, which is extremely noticeable when you look on their Moddb pages. This is why the first time I watched Bolloxed's video of DI I had the impression they tried to cover holes and imperfections with them. A good effort for a start, but compared to MI 1.6, DI felt much more unpolished. Luckily, it seems the author himself was very aware of that, as you can see in the latest news article where the maps shipped in the first part have been significantly improved and look much more professional. Admittedly, DI might have had more on its plate as opposed to MI (after all, it's easier to build a few Hyperborea and E3 maps, especially the latter since they have been seen so much, therefore all they had to do was a 1:1 remake of those, and bingo).

As about that storyline, well yeah, some things will probably never be known in detail since there's little to no material to go by in the WC mappack (some maps don't work at all due to being built on a different version of the engine if I'm not mistaken), not having much info to go by, like the case of Kraken Base and Hyperborea (Vertigo too, I think? But hey, at least Hyperborea has maps and whatnot, there's mostly things about the story and lore behind it that remain unknown), so we'll have to see how they will look and play when, or if, they'll get done. I have a feeling DI will be the one to make its version of Kraken Base first since they have an image of its interior on the page, so we know it's being worked on. Something was also supposed to go wrong at the base, but this is where the already very limited info we have stops. We're... Missing Information. XD

I'm curios why no one is trying to do the Consul tbh. I suppose they're uh... not true citizens :D. 

batman-court-of-owls-tease.jpg.optimal.j

I dunno, but 2019 promises to be really, really exciting with all the good stuff coming. MK11, probably BloodEX, Doom Eternal, and perhaps more Batman Arkham, this time centered around the Court of Owls. I think I'm going to jump through the roof.